Gekko’s Wingman Will Finally be Able to Reach Tricky Plant Spots; Valorant Patch 6.05 Notes
Lil’ bro is getting some love!
Riot Games is making some small but notable improvements to Gekko’s utility following the launch of the new Valorant Agent a couple of weeks back. One standout is a tweak to Wingman that should allow him to access tricker-to-reach spots when ordered to plant or defuse the spike. The cutesy critter has hit meme-level status over the past few weeks after having been seen making hilarious detours to reach certain plant locations.
Elsewhere, in the bug fixes segment of the patch notes, you’ll also notice that Gekko is also now vulnerable to melee damage, which was something that strangely wasn’t registering before. Here are the full patch notes for update 6.05:
- Wingman’s (Q) Plant and Defuse targeting has been improved in order to target higher locations.
- Audio Improvements
- Added audio variations for Mosh Pit’s (C) explosions
- Audio improvements for Dizzy’s (E) plasma blasts, which will help you easily identify if it’s flying towards you or towards an ally while in the air
- VFX Improvements
- Added VFX to when Gekko is reclaiming an orb, as well as when the globule reclaim is complete
- Improved visuals for enemy creature globules
- Improved performance in Agent Select
- Added “CPU Wait GPU Time” metric to performance settings in order to help players track when their machines are Render Thread bound
- Fixed a bug where Wingman wasn’t taking melee damage
- Fixed a bug where ally Gekko orbs were showing up as white outside of custom Replication.
- Fixed multiple animation issues across all abilities.
- Fixed UI on Gekko’s ultimate staying on screen if the round ended while you’re possessing Thrash.
- Fixed a bug where Wingman wasn’t able to defuse the Spike after using Swap Team command in a Custom game.
- Fixed a bug where Wingman Spike plant casting allowed him to run too far of a distance if cast in midair.
- Fixed a bug where damage from Mosh Pit was avoidable while crouch jumping in the pit.
- Fixed bug where Wingman’s torso wouldn’t trigger Cypher’s Trapwire (C).
- Fixed a bug where the wrong animation played while casting Wingman.
- Fixed a bug where Gekko wasn’t able to plant in Spike Rush if Wingman was stopped from planting.
- Fixed display name of “Mosh Pit” showing up as “Mosh’s Pit”.
- Fixed a crosshair issue where the Import button is grayed out if the you have 10 or more saved crosshair profiles
- The maximum number of profiles is still 15.
- Fixed a bug with damage-over-time area abilities where players could crouch jump to avoid damage.
- Used Memory performance metric now updates when Total Memory performance metric is disabled.
- Fixed a bug where in cases of bad platform disconnection, players would appear more than once in the friends list.
- Fixed a bug where voice tooltips were sometimes incorrectly rendered when turning Party/Team voice chat on and off.
- Fixed a bug where the invite menu would sometimes flicker.
- Fixed a bug where unfriending an online player wouldn’t update the count of online friends.
- Fixed a bug where when a player enables Auto-Reject friend requests, any pending friend requests would still appear. Pending friend requests will now be auto-rejected when this setting is enabled.
- Fixed a bug where the system notification confirming a sent friend request would sometimes show whitespace.
- Fixed a bug to add a message notifying players that they will also be banned from playing competitive queue if they currently have a comms ban.
If you’ve not yet played Valorant’s latest Agent, check out our overview of all his abilities here.
- Top 7 Unique & Creative Valorant Crosshair Loadouts
- Here’s How You Can Track Your Valorant Stats
- Free Valorant Cosmetics Available For Prime Members Thanks to a Renewed Partnership With Riot
- Valorant North American Challengers Viewers Guide: All Teams, Schedule, Matches, & Results (Updated)
- How to Fix Required Dependencies Error in Valorant