Being able to customize your characters is a big part of the appeal in Overwatch 2, and who wouldn’t want a way to show off just how much time you’ve spent playing a particular character? Here’s how to get golden weapons in Overwatch 2.
Getting Golden Weapons in Overwatch 2
To get golden weapons in Overwatch 2, you’ll need to unlock them by purchasing them with 3,000 Competitive Points.
- From the main menu, click on Heroes.
- Choose a hero, then select Weapons at the bottom of the menu.
- From here, click on the golden variant of the weapon, then unlock it with 3,000 Competitive Points.
You can change the weapon skin from here anytime you want, so once you get sick of how the golden weapons look, you can come back to the hero gallery to swap them out. Golden weapons are just there for cosmetic purposes, and have no bearing on gameplay whatsoever.
How to Get Competitive Points
Now that you know how to get golden weapons in Overwatch 2, it’s time to go over how exactly you can get Competitive Points. As the name suggests, Competitive Points are obtained by participating in Competitive matches. You’ll get 15 Points for each game you win, and five points for each tied game.
In addition to that, you’ll get bonus Points depending on your ranking at the end of the season as well. Here’s how many points you can get in each tier:
- Bronze: 65
- Silver: 125
- Gold: 250
- Platinum: 500
- Diamond: 750
- Master: 1,200
- Grandmaster: 1,750
- Top 500: 1,750
The good news is that Competitive Points don’t get you much else beyond the golden skins, so you won’t be missing out on much even if you don’t play a ton of ranked matches.
- Best Overwatch 2 PC Settings
- When Do Ramattra & Season 2 Come Out in Overwatch 2? Answered
- The Easiest Overwatch 2 Characters, Ranked
- How to Counter Every Overwatch 2 Character
- How to Complete the Lantern Lit Challenge in Overwatch 2