The new Beta version of Call of Duy: Modern Warfare 2 has showcased new mechanics that make the overall experience easier for the player. One, in particular, is the Field of View slider that can help adjust your in-game view on the screen. So, if you want to know how to change the FOV in MW2, we’ll show what steps you need to take to get the best option.
Adjusting Field of View in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
Players can change their FOV in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Beta by doing the following steps:
- Go to your settings in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Beta.
- Open the ‘Graphics’ tab.
- Locate the Field of View slider in the ‘View’ section.
- Adjust the slider to your preferred FOV.
Since the default FOV may prevent you from seeing enemies/objects, you can define the height and width of your screen to get a better view of your surroundings. Moreover, you can press the ‘Show More’ selection to change the ADS Field of View and Weapon Field of View.
In the ADS Field of View, you can choose Affected or Independent, which can alter the zoom-in feature while you hold a weapon. You can also modify the appearance of your gun on the screen by reworking your Weapon Field of View in the settings. However, players should be aware that a higher FOV can result in a lower frame rate, making it harder to locate enemies during each match.
With this in mind, it’s recommended to try out various options in order to get the desired in-game view for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. In addition to the Field of View, you can look at other selections, such as Motion Blur, Refresh Rate, and On-Demand Texture Streaming.
Now that you know how to change the FOV in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, you can see which adjustments are the best for you. Before you go, you can check out more content about the game by looking at the relevant links below and viewing our guides about how to check K/D Ratio, all killstreaks, pre-order rewards, and max level cap.
- Perk System in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Beta Explained
- How To Play Knock Out in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Beta
- How To Play Prisoner Rescue in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Beta
- How To Dive in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Beta
- How to Get Oni Operator in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2