It’s and understatement to say Fortnite is incredibly popular. Fortnite has found its way on just about every major device, from consoles to mobile devices. But what about Chromebook? Can you play Fortnite on a Chromebook? Yes, you can—and here’s how.
Installing the Fortnite APK on Chromebook
Many Chromebooks support the installation of APKs, the file format Androids use. This is a great option for playing Fortnite if your Chromebook has low specs.
- Step 1: Open your Chromebook’s settings and choose Apps.
- Step 2: There’s an option to “Install apps and games from Google Play on your Chrome.” Choose More > I Agree.
- Step 3: Open App Settings > Security > enable Unknown Sources.
- Step 4: Launch Chrome Browser and visit the official Fortnite Mobile site. Download the APK file.
- You’ll need a file manager app for this part. Use the Google Play Store to install one.
- Step 5: Locate the Fortnite APK within the file manager app and install.
Playing Fortnite using Xbox Cloud Gaming
If you needed more of a reason to purchase the Xbox Game Pass, this is another. With an Xbox Game Pass subscription, you can gain access to Xbox Cloud Gaming and stream Fortnite to your Chromebook. Do keep in mind that it’s still in beta.
- Step 1: Subscribe to Xbox Game Pass.
- It’s best to use your Microsoft account and keep things neat.
- Step 2: Using the Google Play Store on your Chromebook, install the Xbox Game Pass (Beta) app, then sign in.
- Step 3: Within the in-app search function, locate Fortnite and start playing!
Play Fortnite using GeForce Now
Don’t have a high-performance Chromebook? There’s always NVIDIA GeForce Now. As a cloud-based streaming service (like the Netflix of gaming), you don’t even need a powerful rig. All you need is a decent internet connection.
- Step 1: Create a NVIDIA GeForce Now account on the official site.
- NVIDIA GeForce Now has subscription tiers; the free tier will limit you to 1-hour sessions.
- Step 2: Use the search function to locate Fortnite.
- Step 3: Link your Epic account when asked.
Using Chrome Remote Desktop Stream
If you have a PC and a Chromebook, there’s also the option to stream Fortnite from your PC to your Chromebook using Chrome Remote Desktop.
- Step 1: Have Fortnite installed to your PC and Chrome Remote Desktop to your Chromebook. CRD is free.
- Step 2: On both devices, log into the same Google account.
- Step 3: Go to Apps using your Chromebook.
- Step 4: In Apps, select My Computers > Get Started > Enabled Remote Connections.
- Step 5: Now open Apps again and choose Chrome Remote Desktop > My Computers > Connect.
And with that we’ve covered every way to play Fortnite on a Chromebook. If you’re new to the game, round out your knowledge by understanding what KD is in Fortnite or how to get around the map using a Whiplash.
- When Does SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake Come Out? Answered
- Is Star Wars: The Old Republic Worth Playing In 2022? Answered
- Today’s Byrdle Clue & Answer (August 15, 2022)
- Today’s Jumble Answer (August 15, 2022)
- How to Increase CS in Tower of Fantasy