Ever since it rewas leased back in 2014, The Sims 4 has been one of the most popular PC games around, as fans just can’t get enough of living their virtual lives and creating fabulous homes. But what about if you’ve got a Mac? Can you still play The Sims 4 while gaming on a Mac? Here is everything you need to know.
Is The Sims 4 on Mac?
The answer is, yes, The Sims 4 is available digitally on Mac. Anyone who purchases this version gains access to the game on both PC and Mac. According to the official EA website, anyone who already owns The Sims 4 for PC or just purchased the packaged PC-only version of The Sims 4, you can access the Mac version through Origin.
The Sims 4 Mac System Requirements
If you’re gaming on a Mac for The Sims 4, then it is important to know that there are minimum and recommended specs for running the game. We’ve listed them both below.
Minimum system requirements:
- OS: Metal required. Mac OS® X 10.11 (El Capitan)
- CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz Processor or better
- RAM: At least 4 GB RAM
- HARD DRIVE: At least 15 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
- VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT, ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro or better. Video RAM of 256MB or better
- INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse
- ONLINE REQUIREMENTS: Internet connection required for product activation.
Recommended system requirements:
- OS: Mac OS® X 10.11 or later
- PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5 or better
- VIDEO CARD: NVIDIA GTX 650 or better
- MEMORY: 8 GB RAM
- HARD DRIVE: 18 GB of Hard Drive space
How to Transfer Save Files From PC to Mac in The Sims 4
If you fall into the group of people that has an existing save file for The Sims 4 that you’d like to carry over to Mac, then all you have to do is follow these easy steps:
- Open My Computer and navigate to the Documents folder. Go to Electronic Arts, then The Sims 4 folder.
- Locate and copy the entire ‘saves’ folder from The Sims 4 folder onto a flash drive.
- Plug the flash drive into your Mac.
- On your Mac, open Finder, go to Documents, then Electronic Arts. Inside is folder for The Sims 4 folder.
5. Copy and paste the ‘saves’ folder from the flash drive to the ‘The Sims 4’ folder on your Mac. NOTE: If an existing ‘saves’ folder is already in The Sims 4 folder, please delete or rename it. If necessary, renaming an existing ‘saves’ folder on your Mac will allow you to keep it for later use.
6. Once complete, open The Sims 4 on your Mac and your save files will be ready to load.
That is just about everything you need to know about is The Sims 4 on Mac. For more helpful info about the game, be sure to check out the rest of Twinfinite.
- How to Build a Cozy Toddler Den in The Sims 4
- The Sims 4 Pastel Pop & Everyday Clutter Kits May Even Get Free-to-Play Simmers Paying to Play
- How To Use the Move Objects Cheat in The Sims 4
- How to Disable Expansion Packs, Game Packs, and Stuff Packs in The Sims 4 for PC
- 7 Things to Know If You’re Playing The Sims 4 for the First Time