Guerrilla Games‘ newest game sees the return of not just Aloy, but the fearsome machines that are now dominating the Earth. In Horizon Forbidden West, crafting and upgrading will require components, and to do get them requires a more strategic and careful approach. To ensure you have the best possible chance of obtaining the part you want, here is how to tag enemies and machine parts with your Focus in Horizon Forbidden West.
How to Tag Enemies & Machine Parts with Your Focus in Horizon Forbidden West
When approaching any given machine threat, especially those unknown to you, it is best to understand what you are dealing with ahead of engaging. By scanning the machine, you will know its strengths and weaknesses, as well as the important parts that allow it to function.
This can either remove attacks from its arsenal, expose further weak points, or net you valuable resources to make yourself even stronger in the long run. It is extremely important to get this right.
- Approach enemy in stealth
- Hold down on the right analog stick/R3 to activate the Focus scan
- Tag enemies with R2 to see where they are at all times
- Select the part you want to target by using left and right on the d-pad to cycle through them, and press Triangle to tag said part.
By ensuring that you are aware of where enemies are, as well as the parts that you wish to tear off or keep intact for valuable resources, you can make sure that Aloy comes out of every encounter with a ripe harvest.
That is everything you need to know about how to tag enemies and machine parts with your Focus in Horizon Forbidden West. For even more tips and tricks on the rest of the game, including weapon techniques, swimming underwater for long, or things to do first, be sure to check out our Guide Wiki for the game. Be sure to also check out the related content below.
If you have any other questions that are not answered, please leave them in the comments below so we can get to them.
- Horizon Forbidden West Wins Best Game at Develop: Star Award 2022; Full List of Winners Inside
- Latest Horizon Forbidden West Update Brings VRR Support & 40FPS Mode
- Horizon Forbidden West: How to Start New Game Plus & What Carries Over
- Horizon Forbidden West: How to Respec Skill Points
- Horizon Call of The Mountain for PlayStation VR2 Reveals Gameplay; Horizon Forbidden West Getting Large Update