Developed by FromSoftware and published by Bandai Namco, Elden Ring is easily one of the most highly anticipated video game releases of the year. It features a huge open-world with story and lore co-written with George R.R. Martin, as well as a similar action combat system that Souls fans will likely be familiar with. There are also quite a few new mechanics that seem a little confusing at first. Here’s what to do with Godrick’s Great Rune in Elden Ring.
After defeating the second main story boss in the game, you’ll be rewarded with Godrick’s Great Rune. However, the Rune itself is devoid of power, so it’s up to you to restore it.
What to Do With Godrick’s Great Rune in Elden Ring
- Head back to the Liftside Site of Grace.
- Make your way towards the main gate of Stormveil Castle.
From the Site of Grace, go through the hordes of Exiled enemies and pass through the gate and go down the stairs.
- Once you’ve descended the stairs, look out on your left (towards the northeast direction) for a small chamber.
You’ll know you’re in the right place when you see a large Vanguard Lion enemy standing near the chamber.
- Rest at the Site of Grace just past the chamber, then make your way towards the bridge.
- Run across the bridge past the three large golem enemies, and you’ll find a purple portal at the end of the broken bridge.
Interact with the portal, and you’ll be transported to the Limgrave Divine Tower.
- Take the elevator up to the top of the tower, go up the stairs, and interact with the symbol in the middle of the arena to restore the Great Rune.
Once you’ve done this, you can now head back to Roundtable Hold and go through the double doors that were previously locked before. You’ll be able to speak with Enia, who sells a variety of useful items, including a Rune Arc that will let you properly use the Great Runes you collect.
At this point, you can rest at a Site of Grace and use the Great Runes option to equip any restored Runes in your possession. You can also consume them to gain a large number of Runes, but it’s probably better to just use a Rune Arc and use them for your benefit. Godrick’s Great Rune, for instance, will grant +5 to all stats when equipped.
- Biggest Changes in Elden Ring Patch Notes 1.07, Explained
- Will There Be Elden Ring DLC or Expansions? Answered
- Elden Ring DLC Release Date Window, Theorized
- Does Elden Ring Have Ray Tracing? Answered
- Elden Ring: How to Get Somber Smithing Stone 8 & 9