Just like in the first game, Lost Judgment features plenty of amazing side cases that boast amazing stories that are separate from the main plot. In one particular case, Yagami must figure out who is leaking information from a group of ghostwriters. Here is everything you need to know about how to solve The Chaos of the Masked Writer case in Lost Judgment.
The Chaos of the Masked Writer case is a side story that is picked up off the board in the Yokohama 99 Detective Agency. While it is picked up here, you’ll actually need to head over to Kamurocho to do the case.
How to Solve The Chaos of the Masked Writer Case in Lost Judgment
Head over to the blue case marker listed on the Kamurocho map. Once there, you’ll talk to Okazaki, who explains that the masked writer is actually a group of people that come together and work on stories under one pseudonym. Their issue is that someone keeps stealing their ideas and publishing them before the group can even finish their books.
To solve this, you’re going to need to talk to everyone in the room. Since they are in groups, that doesn’t take too long. Once you do, Okazaki will tell you that Sanada is on the roof. Head up and speak with him and he’ll relay his worry that someone is spying on them and that they also hope to break the group up, meaning it could be an inside job.
Finding the Odor (Detective Dog App)
Okazaki will come up to the roof and say that he did forget to mention a strange odor has been occurring in the office every now and then. To figure out what the odor is, head back down to the office and open the Detective Dog app in the Gadgets section of Yagami’s phone.
Once Ranpo shows up, walk the dog over to the table near Okazaki and he’ll start barking. Inspecting the cigarette tray leads Okazaki to explain that people smoke in the office to spark creativity. At the start of every meeting, Mikuru opens the window.
Walk over to the window and Ranpo starts barking again. Examine the two spots on the window ledge and you’ll uncover a stain and animal hair.
Lead the dog over to the exit and he’ll start barking, which takes you upstairs to the roof. Follow Ranpo on the roof and he’ll lead you to a can of cat food sitting near an A/C vent. When Okazaki and Sanada meet you on the roof, you can now go over your findings.
First, state that the suspect was stealing info by using a listening device. Select can of cat food as the reason for drawing out the listening device. Select the Animal fur evidence to support the theory when asked what evidence did the listener drop as they fled the scene.
It will be deduced that a cat with a listening device is being pointed toward the window after someone drops food from the level above, allowing them to listen through the opened window. Yagami also thinks that the owner spiked the food with sleep aids to keep the cat there for long conversations.
Choose the firecrackers when asked what measure was taken to chase the cat away. Choose that it was someone on the outside next. You’ll spot a suspicious man with a cat that Yagami has to chase. Catch him and then fight him. He is then revealed to be Wataru Tenjinbashi, the editor in charge, who resigned a year ago. Congrats, you’ve solved the case!
Time needed: 15 minutes.
How to Solve The Chaos of the Masked Writer Case
- Pick up the case at Yokohama 99 then head to Kamorocho.
- Head to the marker on the map and speak with Okazaki.
- Investigate/speak to everyone then head to the roof.
- Head back downstairs and open the Detective Dog app to get Ranpo.
- Walk Ranpo over to the coffee table and investigate the ashtray.
- Walk Ranpo to the window and investigate the stain and animal fur.
- Walk over to the door and you’ll be taken to the roof.
- Follow Ranpo till you find cat food.
- When explaining your theory, choose: Stealing info with a listening device, Animal fur, Firecrackers, and Someone on the outside.
- Chase and fight the suspicious man to solve the case.
That is everything you need to know about how to solve The Chaos of the Masked Writer case in Lost Judgment. If you’re still on the hunt for more info about the game, be sure to check out all of the other tips, tricks, and breakdowns related to a variety of helpful topics by searching the game’s guide wiki.
There should also be some related content down below that you may find helpful, as well as some other Lost Judgment-based news. For any questions you can’t find the answer to, always feel free to reach out to us in the comment section below and we’ll do our best to help.
- Lost Judgment Is Getting Its Own Soba Noodles in Japan
- Lost Judgment Review – The Perfect Sequel
- Lost Judgment Gets Lots of PS5 Gameplay Showing Combat & Dancing Minigame in 4K
- Lost Judgment Demo for PS5 & PS4 Now Available in Japan; English Subtitles Included
- Lost Judgment Details Bonus & DLC Content; Play as Masaharu Kaito, New Girlfriends, Retro Games, & More