With the release of Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 8, Epic has mixed up the challenges mechanic. Instead of getting a set of weekly challenges, players need to visit the NPCs around the map to take on various questlines. One of these is Charlotte’s IO Heist questline in Fortnite, which requires players to find IO Outposts and IO Guards. In this guide, we’ll show you where to find IO Guards in Fortnite so you can earn all that XP.
Completing the IO Heist Questline in Fortnite
First off, you’ll need to go and speak to Charlotte in the southeast of Pleasant Park to begin the IO Heist quest. She’s normally wandering around by the house just next to the soccer pitch.
After speaking with her, you’ll now be able to complete the IO Heist questline. We’ve listed each of the stages below, but we’ll only really explain where to find IO Guards in Fortnite in this guide, as the other steps are easy enough:
- Stage 1: Collect an Assault Rifle and a Grenade
- Stage 2: Reach Max Shields (1)
- Stage 3: Visit an IO Outpost or the IO Convoy (1)
- Stage 4: Eliminate IO Guards (2)
- Stage 5: Search a Chest in an IO Outpost or in the IO Convoy (1)
Where to Find IO Outposts & IO Guards
There are five IO Outposts in Fortnite that you can visit on the map. These are marked on the map below with the blue icons:
These IO Outpost locations are:
- East of Pleasant Park on a cliff edge
- North of Lazy Lake and south of Corny Crops
- South of Holly Hedges
- Southwest of Misty Meadows
- North of Dirty Docks
Visit any of these five locations and you’ll complete Stage 3 of Charlotte’s questline.
After doing this, you’ll need to eliminate two IO Guards in Fortnite. From our experience, we’ve found that IO Guards don’t always spawn at each of these outposts. However, we did have luck with them spawning at the IO Outpost east of Pleasant Park a few times, so we’d recommend checking here out, too.
When you do find some Fortnite IO Guards at an outpost, there’s normally more than one that’ll spawn there, so you can complete the challenge as long as another player hasn’t beaten you to it.
Finally, you’ll need to search a chest in an IO Outpost. These are the long, black chests that you’re likely familiar with, and we’ve included a screenshot below of one of these.
Open one of these up and you’ll have successfully finished Charlotte’s questline, earning you a bunch of XP in the process.
- Resident Evil’s Jill Valentine & Chris Redfield Join Fortnite in New Crossover Event
- Fortnite 18.20 Update Pits Combat Assault Rifle Vs. Combat SMG in Latest War Effort, Increases Shared Quest XP
- Fortnite Season 8 Story & Battle Pass Trailers Reveal the Return of the Cubes & The Foundation
- Fortnite 17.50 Update Adds Fortnite Crew Legacy Set, Sludgy Swamp Named Location & More
- Fortnite Now Has a Martin Luther King Interactive Experience