Minecraft Witches are one of the rarer hostile mobs you can come across in the sprawling, blocky world. While they may not show up all that often, they can make light work of your health bar when they do, and are incredibly tricky to kill thanks to their fondness for potions. In this guide, we’ll show you how to kill witches in Minecraft easily, so you can get back on with your blocky building.
All Minecraft Witches Potions
Witches have eight different potions they’ll use while in combat. There are four potions they’ll use on players to deal damage and weaken you, and four potions they’ll use to strengthen and heal themselves. We’ve listed these below:
Potions Used to Help Witches
- Potion of Fire Resistance – Used when the witch is on fire.
- Potion of Healing – Used when the witch is not at full health.
- Potion of Swiftness – Used when the target is 11+ blocks away.
- Potion of Water Breathing – Used when its head is in water.
Potions Used Against You
- Potion of Harming – Used as a ‘default’ potion that it’ll throw regularly.
- Potion of Poison – Used if a player’s health has eight hearts and is not already poisoned.
- Potion of Slowness – Used if the player is eight or more blocks away and does not have the Slowness status effect already.
- Potion of Weakness – Used if the player is within three blocks and doesn’t have the Weakness status effect.
While that’s a lot of potions to have to factor into your plan of attack, there’s only really one you need to be worried about and that’s the Potion of Healing.
How to Kill Minecraft Witches Easily
To kill witches easily in Minecraft, you need to kill it before it can finish drinking its Potion of Healing.
The best method we found for this was to stand around 11 blocks away. This encourages the witch to drink its Potion of Swiftness.
When it starts drinking a potion, run at her and hit her. Because it’s taken damage, it will then start trying to use a Potion of Healing. Keep attacking her with your best weapon and with a bit of luck you’ll kill it before it has time to heal.
We’d recommend keeping some Potions of Healing on you at all times in case you get into trouble with a witch or any other Minecraft mob, and take some milk as drinking this removes the potion effects the witch throws at you.
- Minecraft Dungeons Echoing Void DLC, Ultimate Edition, & Free Update Set to Release Later This Month
- Sonic Zones, Skins, & More Now Available to Download in Minecraft
- Minecraft Caves & Cliffs Update Part 1 Gets a New Trailer to Celebrate Release
- Minecraft Gets New Video About Caves & Cliffs Update; Info on The Future Coming at Minecraft Live 2021
- Minecraft Caves & Cliffs Update Part 1 Finally Gets a Release Date