Wii U classics continue to trickle in from Nintendo’s short-lived home console over to the more successful Switch. While most games that are worth playing have hopped over at this point, one remained exclusive until now. The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword is on the Switch and in glorious HD. If you’re here, though, you’re probably wondering if The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword HD has a new game plus. Here’s what you need to know.
Is There a New Game Plus in The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword HD?
Let’s get right to it. The answer to this question is… sort of? There is a post-game mode that you can play after beating the game but it’s not exactly a new game plus like you’re thinking of in other similar action RPGs.
The Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword HD’s take on a new game plus mode comes in the form of Hero Mode. Hero Mode is unlocked after beating the game and features a number of changes.
In general, Hero Mode is much harder. Enemies deal double damage, and you can no longer find hearts from defeated enemies, or plants and pots without a Heart Medal.
Some items, like bugs and your treasures, do carry over, though, so that’s good at least.
In other words, if you’re looking for a challenge after beating the original game, give Hero Mode a go. That’s everything you need to know about new game plus and Hero Mode in The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD. For more tips, tricks, and guides, search for Twinfinite, or head on over to our dedicated Skyward Sword wiki here.
- 5 Things I Still Hate About The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD
- 4K HDR The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD Wallpapers You Need to Make Your Desktop Background
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD Review – It’s Still Your Zelda
- 6 Things to Know Before Jumping Into The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD
- The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword HD “A Hero Rises” Trailer Tees Up an Epic Fantasy Adventure