There are few Xbox exclusives as eagerly anticipated as 343 Industries’ next Halo game, and as the first multiplayer beta draws ever closer it’s little surprise that so many are wondering how to get involved. Here we’ll go over the entire Halo Infinite Beta sign-up process, including how to register as a Halo Insider and get your beta access.
When the Halo Infinite Beta Starts
As recently announced by the game’s official Twitter channel, the first Halo Infinite beta (or technical preview, as 343 calls it) will take place on July 29 – Aug. 1. But this isn’t an open session that just anybody can join; instead, to access the beta you will need to sign up as a Halo Insider and hope you’re one of the lucky few who receive an email invitation.
How to Register as Halo Insider & Get Beta Access
The Halo Insider program will be familiar to anybody who was involved in the technical previews of the Halo: MCC collection on PC, and it works pretty much exactly the same for Infinite. It is available for both PC (Windows 10, Steam) and Xbox players equally, and all you need to do is follow our step-by-step walkthrough below.
- First things first, visit the Halo Insider page here and click signup.
- From here, select “Sign in to your Xbox Live account” and sign in with your details, or register if you do not have any.
- Agree to the various terms and conditions until you reach the “Join the Program” option.
- You will then be faced with a short questionnaire, which you need to complete.
- From here, select whether you would like to take part in either PC or Xbox flighting, depending on which platform you intend to play on.
- PC players will then submit their PC specifications, and you will also link your Steam account if you intend to play via the Steam client.
- Moving on, enter your availability for flighting, depending on which dates you can attend test sessions.
- Now simply click Complete signup, then verify your email once have received the notification to do so in your email inbox. You’re done! Now it’s just a waiting game.
What to Expect From the Halo Infinite Beta
The first Halo Infinite technical preview is essentially a PvE experience in which you will team up with other players in various multiplayer modes to take down AI opponents. You’ll also get to test out various customization options, UI functionality, and get a look at the very first battle pass.
At the firing range, you can also test out a bunch of different guns in weaponry drills, including guns like the MAR0 AR, BR75, MK50 Sidekick, CQS48, Bulldog Needler, and many more.
Finally, you can look forward to testing Halo Infinite Waypoint mobile and web apps that allow you to customize your Spartan.
That does it for information on Halo Infinite Beta sign-up process, including how to register as a Halo Insider and get your beta access. Of course, you will find all the Halo Infinite coverage you need right here on Twinfinite, and we’ll be keeping you posted on all the details as they come.
- Halo Infinite Campaign & Multiplayer Launches Together Early December; Anniversary Controller & Limited Edition Console Also Announced
- Halo Infinite Forge and Campaign Co-Op Will Be Post-Launch Updates
- Take an Extensive Look at Halo Infinite’s Multiplayer Technical Preview
- Halo Infinite Multiplayer Overview Covers Customization & the Academy
- Halo Infinite Gets New Single & Multiplayer Trailers; Release Window Confirmed