Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin is the latest Monster Hunter game to be released for the Nintendo Switch, but its gameplay structure is markedly different from the mainline series. Because of that, whether you’re a newcomer or series veteran, it might be hard to decide whether this game is actually for you. Here are three reasons why you should give Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin a shot.
A Nice Introduction to the Monster Hunter World
Monster Hunter Stories 2 serves as a great introduction to what the world of Monster Hunter is like. While it’s wildly different in terms of gameplay, it does allow series newcomers to get an idea of what to expect in the main series.
We get introduced to the basic gameplay loop of hunting monsters for parts and using those for crafting, as well as iconic beasts such as the Anjanath and the Rathalos. Even if players aren’t getting the full Monster Hunter experience of working with a party to take down a giant beast, this is a nice gradual introduction to the core mechanics of the series.
- Monster Hunter Stories 2 Officially Sells Over 1 Million Copies on Switch and PC
- Monster Hunter Stories 2 for Nintendo Switch & PC Gets New Character Trailer Introducing Ena & Kyle
- Monster Hunter Stories 2 for Nintendo Switch and PC Gets New Character Trailer Introducing Reverto
- Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin Review – Monstie Hunting
- Monster Hunter Stories 2 for Nintendo Switch and PC Gets New Character Trailer Introducing Avinia