The Square Enix portion of E3 was fairly by the numbers, with updates on some of their bigger existing properties and the announcement of some new ports for their older franchises. However, the show did have some new reveals and unveilings. Of them, these are the three biggest surprises at Square Enix’s E3 2021 Showcase.
Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy Takes Center Stage
Biggest Surprises at Square Enix’s E3 2021 Showcase
Of all the games that could have taken center stage at Square Enix’s E3 2021 showcase, few would have guessed that it’d be a new IP. And yet, that’s exactly what happened.
Roughly half the show was centered around a new Guardians of the Galaxy game, with new trailers offering cinematics and gameplay from the title. These weren’t brief snippets of a barely-functioning build either. Aspects like a dialogue system which will impact the story, tense and frantic shootouts complete with comicbook-style weaponry, and top of the line graphics were all shown in great, fully functional detail.
A release date was even revealed, giving potential players a clear picture of what type of title it is, its sound design, and when they could play it.
It was about as detailed of a reveal as one could hope for from a new IP, and was a refreshing change of pace given Square’s past conferences.
- Square Enix Announces Financial Results & Confirm Growth of Final Fantasy XIV Paying Subscribers
- Final Fantasy XIV “Ultimate Cookbook” Announced by Square Enix
- Bravely Default Brilliant Lights Announced by Square Enix to Celebrate 10th Anniversary
- Final Fantasy XI Fan Releases a Retro RPG Demake of Square Enix’s First MMO
- New Fullmetal Alchemist Game Announced by Square Enix… And It’s Mobile