To say the world of Red Dead Redemption 2 is sprawling and alive would be a vast understatement. Even three years after its release, players are still roaming the 1900s fictional version of the Wild West, enjoying everything it has to offer while also finding new things.
To celebrate the game’s world, a Redditor by the username of Rowendi went out of their way to recreate the entire thing in the popular city-building game Cities: Skylines. As you can see in the post below, the recreation is very impressive, seamlessly copying points of interest and bringing the world of Red Dead Redemption 2 into the simulation game.
The recreation was so real, that many actually believed that it was fake. Rowendi proves otherwise in another thread, this time posted to the Cities Skylines subreddit. In that thread, they included progress pictures that prove that the builds weren’t simply ripped from Red Dead Redemption 2.
The user goes on to explain in the comments that they did use graphics mods to enhance the after image, so that might be were the confusion of how realistic it looks came into play.
This feat is pretty monumental, as you can see that they even managed to get all of the trees in the same spots as where they are in-game. Even if you aren’t a fan of either game, you’ve got to admit that this is impressive.
If you’re still on the hunt for more Red Dead Redemption 2 stuff, be sure to check out all of our related content down below. Those include articles on unsolved mysteries, holiday gift guides, and Arthur’s journal being brought to life.
- Red Dead Redemption 2 Fan Brings Arthur Morgan’s Journal to Life
- Grand Theft Auto V Has Shipped Over 145 Million Units; Red Dead Redemption 2 at Over 37 Million
- Grand Theft Auto V Has Shipped Over 140 Million Units; Red Dead Redemption 2 at Over 36 Million
- Red Dead Redemption 2: Housebuilding EP Revealed Alongside Beautiful New Vinyl & Cover
- The Steam Awards 2020 Winners Announced; Red Dead Redemption 2 Wins Game of the Year