Today Sega released two new videos introducing the Phantasy Star Online 2 spin-off Phantasy Star Online 2 New Genesis.
The videos features the characters of the popular webcomic PSO2Comi Mitarashi and Tetra as they show off the features of the game, mostly in ways targeted to existing Phantasy Star Online 2 players.
The videos are quite funny, especially if know the webcomic and the characters.
You can check them out below.
If you’re unfamiliar with the game, here’s what you can expect.
- Free to play!
- Huge wide-open battlefield environments! Explore a whole new world featuring broad, expansive playfields filled with ferocious enemies waiting for you and your team. Traverse wide-open environments, speed and soar across the giant landscape and skies with new special abilities. Transitioning into a new area is as simple as walking into it — no loading screens.
- Enhanced character models! Create your identity with any character you can imagine in PSO2:NGS using the powerful creation engine. Adjust every imaginable characteristic to create your one-of-a-kind avatar.
- Redesigned graphics engine! Witness lush environments, amazingly detailed player characters, and monstrous foes in razor-sharp resolution. Watch spectacular new lighting and particle effects as weapons clash with armor. See the world as you’ve never seen it before.
- New multi-weapon system and abilities! Combine 2 types of weapons for smoother weapon switching. Battle at lightning speed using a variety of weapons and techniques.
- Connects with PSO2! Move easily in-game between PSO2:NGS and PSO2.
- Cross-platform! PC and Xbox One players can play together side by side.
The western version of the game includes an English voice track. Sega promises to keep it current with the Japanese version in terms of updates.
If you’d like to see more you can check out the news and gameplay aplenty from the first Prologue livestream about the game, those from the second, the third, the fourth from last week, and more gameplay from last night.
You can also check out the extensive look at the character creation we filmed in the Global beta a few days ago.