Whether you’re a Nier veteran, or a complete newcomer, changing the difficulty in Nier Replicant can help you find the right level of challenge for your skill level. With some bullet hell sections and tricky boss battles, there’s a good chance you might want to adjust the difficulty as you progress.
Changing Difficulty in Nier Replicant
To change difficulty, select ‘Options’ from the main menu, and then scroll down the ‘Difficulty’ tab. You can then change it to whichever difficulty setting you’d like.
Now all you need to do is load up your game and you’ll be able to carry on your adventure on your new difficulty setting.
It’s worth pointing out that you cannot change difficulty once you’ve loaded up your save from the pause menu. It has to be done from the main menu before you load up your save.
Is There a Difficulty Trophy/ Achievement?
There is no trophy or achievement strictly tied to difficulty, but there are a handful tied to the various endings, completing the game in under 15 hours, and beating specific sections of the game in a matter of minutes.
The good news is that you can drop the difficulty right down to help you tick these off as you reach these points in the game. You’ll just need to save, return to the Main Menu and change it from there.
For beating the game in under 15 hours, we’d suggest a second playthrough on the lowest difficulty setting.
- NieR Replicant ver. 1.22474487139… Getting Adorably Grumpy Kainé Nendoroid Figure
- NieR Replicant 10+1 Years Anniversary Vinyl Gets Insanely Pretty Artwork, Pre-Orders Open Now
- 4 Reasons Automata Fans Shouldn’t Sleep on NieR Replicant
- NieR Replicant Players Notice an Interesting Text Language Detail
- The Hardest NieR Replicant/Gestalt Quiz You’ll Ever Take