If, like us, you’re just itching to dive into New Pokemon Snap, you’re no doubt wondering what the preload and unlock times are so you can start playing as soon as the game is officially released. We’ll talk you through everything you need to know about the preloading process for New Pokemon Snap below.
New Pokemon Snap Preload Times
You can begin preloading New Pokemon Snap right now! The game’s preload period started on April 23, installing the complete 6.8 GB onto your Nintendo Switch so you won’t have to do any hefty downloads on the day it launches.
How to Preload
- Go to the Nintendo eShop from your Nintendo Switch home screen.
- Select the Search option and enter ‘New Pokemon Snap.’
- Highlight the game with the left analog stick and then press A to confirm your choice.
- Select the Preorder option next to the price of the game.
- Complete the payment process. The full amount will be taken from your credit card or Nintendo eShop balance at this time.
- The game will automatically begin preloading onto your Nintendo Switch at this point.
When Can You Start Playing New Pokemon Snap?
Once the game has been preloaded, you can begin playing the game once the clock strikes midnight in your time zone on April 30.
To start the game, simply select it from your Nintendo Switch home screen and press A.
That’s everything you need to know on the New Pokemon Snap preload and unlock times. Our wiki is teeming with plenty more tips and tricks to help you on your way through the Lental region’s islands, so be sure to check it out.
- New Pokémon Snap’s Free DLC Adds Big Quality of Life Improvements On Top of Quality New Content
- Free Content Update Coming to New Pokemon Snap, Adds New Areas and Pokemon
- New Pokemon Snap Is a Lot Less Interesting Without the Murder
- 20 Missing Pokemon That Should Have Been in New Pokemon Snap
- 6 Things to Do After Beating New Pokemon Snap