Just as in many other open-world games, Genshin Impact features an exploration mechanic that highlights useful items and quest waypoints when activated. Unless you know exactly what you’re looking for, though, it’s a little tricky to find on the UI. Here’s how to use Elemental Sight if you’re struggling.
How to Use Elemental Sight in Genshin Impact
You’ll be using Elemental Sight throughout many different quests in the game. In particular, to illuminate Elemental Trails, or when you need to locate objects necessary to complete various objectives.
To use Elemental Sight, simply press and hold the middle mouse button on PC, while PlayStation players should press L1 to open the shortcut wheel and then hit Left of the Dpad to cycle over to it. If you’re on mobile devices there should be a specific button on the UI to press located on the top-left of your screen.
Once Elemental Sight is activated your character will stop moving and the screen will darken, while anything important relevant to the quest you’re taking will then be highlighted in a bright color. Obviously, it’s easy to keep alternating between moving and using the ability on console and PC, but it can get a little awkward on mobile devices since you have to hit that specific button each time. Unfortunately, there’s no way to change the keybind.
You should also see some related content below that may prove useful. If you can’t find an answer to a question you have, then remember that you can reach out to us in the comment section below and we’ll do our best to lend a hand.
- New Genshin Impact Trailer Introduces Eula, the Beautiful Tsundere Knight
- Genshin Impact Get Extensive Trailer Starring Yanfei as PS5 Version & Update 1.5 Release
- Genshin Impact Gets New Trailer Introducing New Character Yanfei
- Genshin Impact Gets Gameplay Trailer Showcasing PS5 Upgrades
- Genshin Impact Version 1.5 Reveals First Gameplay – New Characters, Serenitea Pot, Events, & More