Scrap is the currency used for buying items in Outriders. It’s also occasionally required to help you upgrade weapons and armor. As such, there’s a good chance that you’re going to want to get Outriders Scrap fast and easy, so you never have to worry about saving up for that sweet, limited-time item on sale at a Vendor in your camp.
How to Get Scrap in Outriders
Scrap can be obtained in the following methods:
- Selling Items to Vendors
- Completing Quests
- Looting Chests
- Killing Enemies (very small amount)
Each and every quest that you complete in Outriders will award you with some Scrap. The tougher the quest, the more Scrap you’ll be awarded upon completion. Keep in mind that quests can be replayed at any time in Outriders, so once you’ve found a quest that awards a good amount of Scrap, make a note of it for later.
Enemies will drop varying amounts of Scrap, sometimes not at all. The tougher the enemy, the higher the chance they’ve got of dropping Scrap, and more of it.
Finally, as may have been obvious, you can sell any old weapons or armor you’re not using to any of the Vendors in your base camp. Simply speak to them, select the item from your inventory and press A/X to sell it.
You may not always want to sell every bit of gear you get in Outriders, though, as you can dismantle some for useful crafting components like Iron, Leather and Titanium. Other low rarity armor (grey colored) can be dismantled to give you Scrap, too.
Finally, you can get more Scrap by opening up any Outriders Chests you see lying around the world as you complete missions. These can be farmed, as they’ll respawn after a few hours from when you last opened them.
Tips for Farming Scrap
- Ensure that your World Tier is the highest it can be. The higher your World Tier, the better rewards and drops you’ll get for defeating enemies and completing quests.
- Choose a mission with lots of enemies and chests. The more enemies you can defeat and chests you can open, the more Scrap you’ll earn along the way. Combine this with the Scrap you’ll be awarded for completing the mission and this is a solid method for farming Scrap in Outriders.
- Sell all unwanted loot from your runs. After you’ve completed the mission a few times, take all of that loot you’ve been collecting along the way and sell it to the Vendors at your base camp. Anything common armor bits you’ve got can be dismantled for easy Scrap, too!
That’s everything you need to know on farming Scrap in Outriders. For more tips, tricks and guides, head over to our wiki, or check out more of our coverage on the game below.
- Outriders Played by Over 3.5 Million Players in its First Month, Square Enix Announces
- Outriders Inventory Restoration Fix Will Give Players Some Weapons Back
- Even With the Latest Patch, Outriders Players are Still Experiencing Inventory Wipes
- Outriders Review – A Complete Experience
- Outriders’ First Big Patch Nerfs Several Classes, Inventory Restoration Coming Soon