The fact that Monster Hunter Rise is so story-focused may not be an upside for everyone. Some players might want to get straight to the gameplay, and could find themselves wanting to know how to skip cutscenes and dialogue in Monster Hunter Rise the second they start.
The fact that you’re reading this guide is a pretty good indicator that you’re one such player. Fortunately for you, we’ve got all the info you’ll need to bypass any and all cutscenes and dialogue bits as fast as possible.
How to Skip Cutscenes and Dialogue in Monster Hunter Rise
Monster Hunter Rise’s cutscenes can be skipped by pressing the + Button. This will instantly end the cutscene and drop you into whatever gameplay segment would have followed it.
This can be useful for ensuring you can maintain a good gameplay flow, but be warned: There are moments where you may be dropped into a difficult combat encounter following a cutscene. As such, you should keep yourself ready to dive into a fight that you weren’t in before a cutscene started.
As for dialogue, there isn’t a way to skip it outright. Instead, you can skip each individual piece of the dialogue as it comes by pressing the A Button. This can be done for most every dialogue bit in the game, save for when the game may not have loaded the next bit yet and needs to catch up to you.
It’s a bit of a pain, but also nothing new for games from the Monster Hunter series. Just keep mashing the A button until the dialogue bits are exhausted, and before long you’ll be back in the thick of the gameplay.
That’s all there is to know about how to skip cutscenes and dialogue in Monster Hunter Rise. For more on the game, check out our guide wiki or any of the articles available down below.
- Monster Hunter Rise Update Roadmap Detailed in Latest Trailer
- Monster Hunter Stories 2 Gets New Story Trailer; Monster Hunter Rise Reveal Update 3.0
- Monster Hunter Rise Gets New Trailer for Update 2.0, Showing Off Elder Dragons & Apex Monsters
- Monster Hunter Stories 2 Gets New Story Trailer as Monster Hunter Rise Introduce Major Update 2.0
- Monster Hunter Rise Update 2.0 Trailer Shows Onazuchi; Update 3.0 Teased With More New Monsters