After the trip to New Donk City in Super Mario Odyssey, which allowed players to give Mario a fresh, new look with special clothes and outfits that could be unlocked throughout the adventure, some players may be wondering if this feature has carried over into the new standalone adventure, Bowser’s Fury, that’s been packed in with the Super Mario 3D World port for Nintendo Switch. In this guide, we’ll talk you through whether you can change clothes and outfits in Bowser’s Fury.
Can You Change Outfits in Bowser’s Fury?
It’s a bit of a yes and no answer this time around. While it isn’t possible to have Mario running around in swim shorts like you could in Super Mario Odyssey, you can change him out of his red and blue overalls into something a little different.
To do so, simply choose one of the power-ups that you’ve got stacked (which can be seen in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen).
Depending on which one you choose, Mario’s appearance will change. We’ve listed how each power-up changes Mario’s outfit below:
- Cat Bell – Cat Mario
- Boomerang – Wears a Hammer Bros.-style outfit, complete with helmet.
- Power Flower – Color of overalls changes to white with red dungarees over the top.
- Leaf – Tanooki Mario, complete with tail!
Of course, if you take a hit having used one of these power-ups, Mario will return to his normal outfit and form. While changing Mario’s appearance isn’t the primary function of the power-ups, they’re the only way you can change his outfits in Bowser’s Fury.
There are no unlockable outfits or costumes to be found in the game.
That’s everything you need to know regarding changing clothes and outfits in Bowser’s Fury. For more tips, tricks and guides, check out our wiki or search for Twinfinite.
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury: How to Get Infinite Lives
- Bowser’s Fury Mount Magmeow: How to Get All Cat Shines
- Bowser’s Fury Pipe Path Tower Shines: How to Get All Cat Shines
- Bowser’s Fury Is Bigger Than Expected, But I Still Want More
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury Guide Wiki