V’s Adventure Will Be Your Own
While V’s story in Cyberpunk 2077 will always follow the same main story beats, the way in which players reach these, approach missions, and generally spend their time in Night City is set to be unique to each player from the very beginning.
Not only will players be able to freely customize exactly how V looks with an extensive character creator, but you’ll also have to choose their Lifepath at the very beginning of the game.
Your Lifepath is essentially how V started out in life, whether they’ve been a career-driven Corpo, or a Street Kid that’s made a number of handy — albeit dodgy — acquaintances. Or are you a Nomad who’s lived most of their lives out in the Badlands and has seldom stepped into Night City?
Your choice of Lifepath will change a lot during the opening sections of the game and will open up unique, additional dialogue options when talking to certain characters.
Then you’ve got the body mods you can apply to V to grant them a plethora of different abilities, which combined with the arsenal of outlandish weapons allows you to tackle missions and other combat scenarios in a completely different way to your friend.
- Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 1.1 Released; Improves Stability & Numerous Quest Issues
- SuperData: December’s Record Spending Led by 10.2 Million Cyberpunk 2077 Digital Sales
- You Can Now Mod Cyberpunk 2077 & Play Through With a Full Party of Companions
- Cyberpunk 2077 Devs Commit to Improving The Game; Next-Gen Update Coming in Second Half of 2021
- Here’s How Big Cyberpunk 2077’s Map Is (Measured)