Immortals Fenyx Rising is a brand new IP from Ubisoft, and is an open-world adventure game from the same team that worked on Assassin’s Creed Odyssey. Tonally, it’s a much more lighthearted and comedic game, and is more focused on the fantastical elements of Greek mythology. Here’s how to upgrade weapons and armor in Immortals Fenyx Rising.
Upgrade Weapons and Armor in Immortals Fenyx Rising
The early hours of Immortals Fenyx Rising will have you pick up your first weapons: a sword, an axe, and a bow. It won’t be too long before you start getting your first pieces of equipment as well. As you get further into the game, you’ll eventually want to start thinking about upgrading your gear to face the tougher challenges that await you.
To do this, you’ll need to collect different colored Shards and ugprade your weapons and armor at the Hall of Heroes, which is unlocked after completing the prologue.
At the Hall of Heroes, head over to the forge and press the triangle/Y button to interact with it. You’ll see a few different upgrade categories for your sword, axe, bow, armor, and potion pouch.
Use the left stick to hover over the category you want to upgrade, then hold the X/A button to confirm your selection and you’re done. Each of the different categories requires different colored Shards, which are detailed down below:
- Yellow Adamantine Shard: Used to upgrade the Potion Pouch’s and Apollo’s Arrows carrying capacities. Found by looting chests and from Yellow Shard Clusters.
- Blue Adamantine Shard: Used to upgrade weapons, armor, and helmets. Found by defeating common enemies, looting chests and from Blue Shard Clusters.
- Red Adamantine Shard: Used to upgrade weapons. Found by defeating unique enemies, looting guarded chests and from Red Shard Clusters.
- Purple Adamantine Shard: Used to upgrade armor and helmets. Found by looting epic chests and from Purple Shard Clusters.
The Shard system essentially encourages you to explore every nook and cranny of the open world and open every chest and defeat every enemy you come across. Once you have enough for an upgrade, head back to the Hall of Heroes and interact with the forge to strengthen Fenyx.
- Immortals Fenyx Rising: The Lost Gods’ Top-Down Gameplay Looks Action-Packed in its Launch Trailer
- Ubisoft Dates Immortals Fenyx Rising the Lost Gods DLC
- Immortals Fenyx Rising’s Second DLC Gets An Epic Launch Trailer
- Immortals Fenyx Rising: Myths of the Eastern Realm DLC Coming Later This Month
- Immortals Fenyx Rising Adds Blood of Zeus Bonus Quest via Limited Time Crossover