Fortnite Chapter 2 Season 5 appears to have changed up how challenges will work. Rather than us simply getting a list of seven or eight tasks that we must complete for XP each week, this time around we’re getting multi-staged quests. Completing one stage will net you some XP and allow you to advance onto the next and so on. In this guide, we’ll be talking through how to complete all Fortnite Season 5 week 1 challenges.
Fortnite Season 5 Week 1 Challenges
- Complete Bounties (5) – 55K XP
- Stage 1 of 4: Shotgun Eliminations (3) – 20K XP
- Stage 1 of 3: Discover Named Locations (5) – 20K XP
- Stage 2: Talk to a Character (3) – 20K XP
- Stage 3: Collect Bars (500) – 20K XP
- Free Fish from a Freezer (1) – 10K XP
- Catch Fish (3) – 10K XP
- Eliminate Players (3) – 10K XP (This is a limited-time challenge that only has around 4 hours remaining at the time of writing.)
Currently, it remains to be seen whether or not we’ll get additional Fortnite Season 5 week 1 challenges to complete to supplement these.
What’s also worth noting is that only two of these quests have multiple stages, each offering up XP. The others are incredibly simple affairs. As soon as we know the latter stages to each of the staged challenges, we’ll update this post and let you know.
How to Complete All Week 1 Challenges
Almost all of the week 1 challenges currently in-game are incredibly easy, the only exception being completing Bounties.
Bounties can be picked up by speaking to one of the various NPCs on the map, like Fishstick at Craggy Cliffs. Don’t shoot them but instead interact with them and select the ‘Bounty’ option from the semi-circle menu that appears at the bottom of the screen.
Complete 5 of these bounties once you’ve picked them up and you’ll not only be awarded with Bars which can be used to buy powerful rare weapons off these NPCs, but you’ll also complete this week 1 challenge.
Shotgun eliminations can be quickly racked up over a number of matches.
Discovering the five named locations for the first stage of that second challenge can also be done over multiple matches, making it very easy.
To free fish from freezers, we’d advise going to Sweaty Sands and heading into the various stores and food stands. Head over to the grey/ silver freezers and interact with them to make a fish pop out. You’ve successfully free’d one from a freezer!
The Fortnite Season 5 Battle Pass skin is The Mandalorian, and players will need to complete Beskar Quest challenges to unlock additional bits of armor. You can check out our guide on finding the Razor Crest for the first challenge here.
That’s everything you need to know for now regarding the Fortnite Season 5 week 1 challenges. Head on over to our guide wiki for more tips and tricks, or check out more of our coverage on the game below.
- Fortnite Adds Terminator and Sarah Connor Skins to Item Shop
- Fortnite Predator Apartment Location: Where to Visit Predator’s Apartment
- Fortnite Predator Skin: Jungle Hunter Quests Guide
- Fortnite Battle Lab Season 5: How to Get Bosses & Henchmen
- Fortnite Steel Farm, Sunflower’s Farm & Orchard Farmers Market Locations (Week 8 Challenges)