The early missions in Cyberpunk 2077 are essentially designed to help players get their bearings, and boost V’s gear and skills up along the way. One, in particular, offers a free reward simply for visiting Ryder’s ripper doc shop. At least, it should be simple. Here’s how to get “The Gig” free reward in Cyberpunk 2077 if you’re as confused as we were trying to work it out.
How to Get ‘The Gig’ Free Reward in Cyberpunk 2077
It turns out the free reward that Ryder is offering from his inventory is a tattoo for V’s hand. For some reason, the game never really indicates that clearly at all. All you need to do is go and speak with Ryder, then access the “Trade” menu, and then select V’s hand and you’ll notice there are two tattoos that cost 0 Eurodollars.
After you’ve selected a tattoo the mission is done and will immediately log in your journal as completed.
In hindsight, this is a similar process to scoring the free pistol from the weapon store near V’s apartment, which you’re likely to have done already.
It’s probably a good idea to remember that this is how the game handles free rewards moving forward, just in case there are any later on that require you to go through the same process. Always have a good look through the inventory and look for anything that’s listed as 0 Eurodollars.
Alternatively, see below for some related content that may prove helpful, or reach out in the comment section if you have a question for something we haven’t answered elsewhere already.
- Cyberpunk 2077’s Latest Patch Is Breaking a Main Story Mission for Some Players
- Cyberpunk 2077 Patch 1.1 Released; Improves Stability & Numerous Quest Issues
- SuperData: December’s Record Spending Led by 10.2 Million Cyberpunk 2077 Digital Sales
- You Can Now Mod Cyberpunk 2077 & Play Through With a Full Party of Companions
- Cyberpunk 2077 Devs Commit to Improving The Game; Next-Gen Update Coming in Second Half of 2021