The early missions in Cyberpunk 2077 are essentially designed to help players get their bearings, and boost V’s gear and skills up along the way. One, in particular, offers a free reward simply for visiting Ryder’s ripper doc shop. At least, it should be simple. Here’s how to get “The Gig” free reward in Cyberpunk 2077 if you’re as confused as we were trying to work it out.
How to Get ‘The Gig’ Free Reward in Cyberpunk 2077
It turns out the free reward that Ryder is offering from his inventory is a tattoo for V’s hand. For some reason, the game never really indicates that clearly at all. All you need to do is go and speak with Ryder, then access the “Trade” menu, and then select V’s hand and you’ll notice there are two tattoos that cost 0 Eurodollars.
After you’ve selected a tattoo the mission is done and will immediately log in your journal as completed.
In hindsight, this is a similar process to scoring the free pistol from the weapon store near V’s apartment, which you’re likely to have done already.
It’s probably a good idea to remember that this is how the game handles free rewards moving forward, just in case there are any later on that require you to go through the same process. Always have a good look through the inventory and look for anything that’s listed as 0 Eurodollars.
Alternatively, see below for some related content that may prove helpful, or reach out in the comment section if you have a question for something we haven’t answered elsewhere already.
- New Cyberpunk 2077 Hotfix 1.22 Fixes Common Bugs & Improves Stability
- Cyberpunk 2077 Devs Expect Next-Gen Version to Influence Atmosphere About the Game; More Details Shared
- Cyberpunk 2077 Has Sold 13.7 Million Copies in 2020; CD Projekt Announces Financial Results
- Cyberpunk 2077 Hotfix 1.21 Improves Stability & Fixes Progression-Blocking Bugs
- 10 Most Important Changes To Cyberpunk 2077 in Patch 1.2