While it’s highly unlikely that your Xbox Series X has a bit of a meltdown and starts flashing errors up on your screen, there’s always a possibility. When these things do happen, it’s best to know how to resolve these problems, and one of the best ways to do so is to power cycle your Xbox Series X. In this guide, we’ll talk you through how to completely power off the Xbox Series X and Series S, so you can get right back into your games.
How to Power Cycle Xbox Series X
To power cycle the Xbox Series X, all you need to do is press and hold the Xbox button on the console itself for 10 seconds.
If your console is turned on when this happens, your screen will go black and then flicker back to life a little bit later. The Series X/ Series S will go through the start-up animation and then you’ll quickly end up back on your home screen, ready to game again.
You can also opt to ‘Restart’ your Xbox Series X without completely power cycling it. To do this, press and hold the Xbox button on your controller and then select the ‘Restart Console’ option. It’ll take a little while to restart, but hopefully after that wait, your Xbox Series X will be ready to go again.
Should your issue still not be resolved after power cycling your Xbox Series X, you may need to contact Xbox’s customer support. You may have a more severe issue, depending on the nature of your error, and they’re the best people to advise you.
That’s everything you need to know to power cycle your Xbox Series X. Search for Twinfinite for more tips and tricks, or check out more of our Xbox Series X coverage below.
- Second Extinction For Xbox Series X, Xbox One, & PC Gets Festive Trailer With Duke Nukem Voice Actor
- Cyberpunk 2077 Dev Outlines How Cross-Saves Work for PS5 and Xbox Series X|S
- The Medium for Xbox Series X/S & PC Gets New Trailer Showcasing Music and Gameplay
- Honeycomb Aeronautical Announces Xbox Series X & S Support for Microsoft Flight Simulator
- MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries Announced for Xbox Series X/S & Xbox One; Coming Spring 2021 With Steam & More