Developed by Counterplay Games and published by Gearbox Software, Godfall is a brand new looter-slasher game that has just been released for the PS5 and PC via the Epic Games Store. Taking control of a character named Orin, you’re tasked with traveling around the world in an effort to save it from an evil being named Macros. Here’s how the Ailments system works in Godfall.
Godfall Ailments Explained
Ailments are a type of damage over time debuff that you can apply to enemies and bosses, and they can be useful in inflicting additional damage during a fight to make things a little easier on you. Listed below are the different types of Ailments that are currently available in Godfall:
- Bleed: Inflicted with physical damage.
- Ignite: Inflicted with fire damage.
- Poison: Inflicted with earth damage.
- Chill: Inflicted with water damage.
- Shock: Inflicted with air damage.
- Curse: Inflicted with void damage.
How to Use Ailments
In order to start inflicting DoT damage with Ailments, you’ll need some sort of equipment that allows for it.
Weapons, amulets, and rings all have the chance to imbue your attacks with Ailments, allowing you to deal extra DoT damage to your enemies.
How to Enhance Ailments in Godfall
That being said, on their own, Ailments aren’t very useful against enemies with high resistances. They’re extremely situational in Godfall and even if you manage to inflict an Ailment on an enemy, if they’re highly resistant to it, the damage will be negligible.
It is possible to increase your DoT damage, though, and again, this can be done by finding better equipment that might increase Ailment damage specifically.
There’s also a skill you can unlock that will increase your base damage for the DoT attacks, and it can be upgraded up to five times to stack it up even more.
That’s all you need to know about how Ailments work in Godfall. Be sure to search for Twinfinite for more tips and information on the game.
- PlayStation Plus Games for November 2021 Announced: Godfall, Mortal Shell, & Lego DC Super-Villains
- Godfall’s New Fire & Darkness Expansion Gets Launch Trailer; PS4 Version Now Available
- Godfall’s Fire & Darkness Expansion to Release in August, PS4 Version Revealed
- Godfall Review – Pretty and Boring
- Godfall Gets Explosive Launch Trailer & Spectacular PS5 Gameplay