Maple leaves are the final crafting item of Animal Crossing New Horizons‘ Fall/ Autumn season. In this guide, we’ll talk you through how to get maple leaves in Animal Crossing New Horizons, list all maple leaf DIY recipes, explain how to get these DIY recipes, and cover how much you can sell maple leaves for in case you have any spare.
How to Catch Maple Leaves in Animal Crossing New Horizons
Maple leaves can only be caught during the following dates in each hemisphere:
- Northern Hemisphere: Nov. 16 – Nov. 25
- Southern Hemisphere: April 16 – April 25
Outside of these dates, you won’t be able to find any maple leaves on your Animal Crossing island.
Maple leaves are the large, red/ brown leaves you’ve likely seen floating around your island.
When you see a maple leaf, simply pull out your net, line it up with the leaf and swing it to catch it. Now it’s simply a case of rinse-repeating the process every time you see maple leaves in Animal Crossing New Horizons, as you’ll need a good few if you want to craft all of the maple leaf DIY recipes in the game.
All Maple Leaf DIY Recipes in Animal Crossing New Horizons
There are nine maple leaf DIY recipes for players to obtain if they want to complete the set.
These do need other crafting materials other than maple leaves, like wood, pine cones and acorns, so make sure you’ve stocked up on these, too.
Here are all maple leaf DIY recipes:
- Autumn Wall – 10 Maple Leaf, 5 Clumps of Weeds, 5 Wood
- Colored-leaves Flooring – 10 Maple Leaf, 15 Clumps of Weeds
- Leaf Stool – 3 Maple Leaf, 3 Wood
- Maple-Leaf Pochette – 6 Maple Leaf
- Maple-Leaf Pond Stone – 10 Stone, 3 Maple Leaf
- Maple-Leaf Umbrella – 7 Maple Leaf
- Red-Leaf Pile – 3 Maple Leaf, 4 Clumps of Weeds
- Tree’s Bounty Arch – 4 Pine Cone, 5 Maple Leaf, 5 Acorn, 15 Tree Branch
- Tree’s Bounty Big Tree – 5 Pine Cone, 4 Acorn, 8 Tree Branch, 4 Clay, 4 Maple Leaf
How to Get Maple Leaf DIY Recipes
Eight of the nine DIY recipes can be obtained by shooting down the presents that float over your island on balloons.
To shoot these down, stand under the present (use its shadow on the floor to help you line up the shot), and press A with the slingshot equipped.
The only recipe you cannot get from shooting down presents is the Red-Leaf Pile. As long as you load up Animal Crossing New Horizons during maple leaf season, Isabelle will give you it as a freebie when she talks to you before you properly load in.
Animal Crossing Maple Leaf Selling Price
Maple leaves can be sold to Timmy and Toomy at Nook’s for 200 Bells.
- 8 Ways to Prepare for Animal Crossing New Horizons’ 2.0 Update & Happy Home Paradise
- What’s New in Animal Crossing New Horizons v2.0 Update? Everything You Need to Know
- What’s New in Animal Crossing New Horizons’ Happy Home Paradise DLC? Everything You Need to Know
- Disney’s Hercules Song Zero to Hero Recreated via Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Animal Crossing New Horizons User Adorably Re-Creates Rainbow Road