The PS5 has finally arrived, bringing native 4K, 60 FPS goodness into our living rooms with a library of hotly anticipated titles on the horizon. Chances are you couldn’t help yourself from tearing open the box and getting your shiny new system all plugged in. Who could blame you? Nobody, that’s who! Anyway, if you’re looking for other things you should do now that you’re ready to turn it on, we’ll give you a quick rundown to ensure you’re all set-up and ready for thousands of hours of happiness in the coming years.
Get Signed In & Set Up
First and foremost, you need to do the usual set-up process. You’ll need to connect your PS5 to your Wi-Fi and then sign into your PlayStation Network account.
Both of these are required because… well… online’s a big thing now if you hadn’t noticed. Your PS5 will need to do updates, and you’ll want to be online so you can access Bugsnax for free (if you’re a PlayStation Plus subscriber) and play with your friends.
Signing into the PSN account you used on your PS4 will see all of your trophies and your friends list move over with you onto the PS5. That means you can still boast about all those Platinum trophies!
- Yurukill: The Calumniation Games by Kakegurui Creator Announced for PS5 & Switch on Top of PS4 & PC
- FIFA 21: How to Upgrade PS4 to PS5 Version
- Neptunia ReVerse for PS5 Announced for the West; Coming Next Year
- Cyberpunk 2077 Preload & Unlock Times (PS5, Xbox Series X, Xbox One, PS4, & PC)
- FIFA 21’s PS5 Version’s New Features Are Smart but Distracting