The PS5 has finally arrived, bringing native 4K, 60 FPS goodness into our living rooms with a library of hotly anticipated titles on the horizon. Chances are you couldn’t help yourself from tearing open the box and getting your shiny new system all plugged in. Who could blame you? Nobody, that’s who! Anyway, if you’re looking for other things you should do now that you’re ready to turn it on, we’ll give you a quick rundown to ensure you’re all set-up and ready for thousands of hours of happiness in the coming years.
Get Signed In & Set Up
First and foremost, you need to do the usual set-up process. You’ll need to connect your PS5 to your Wi-Fi and then sign into your PlayStation Network account.
Both of these are required because… well… online’s a big thing now if you hadn’t noticed. Your PS5 will need to do updates, and you’ll want to be online so you can access Bugsnax for free (if you’re a PlayStation Plus subscriber) and play with your friends.
Signing into the PSN account you used on your PS4 will see all of your trophies and your friends list move over with you onto the PS5. That means you can still boast about all those Platinum trophies!
- Demon Slayer for PS5, Xbox Series X, & More Gets Gameplay Trailer & Screenshots Revealing Sakonji Urokodaki
- Necromunda: Hired Gun for PS5, Xbox Series X, & More Gets Explosive Trailer Showing Grenade Launcher
- Returnal for PS5 Reveals New Gameplay & Art as Developer Talks About Monsters
- Chivalry II For PS5, Xbox Series X|S, & More Gets New Trailer Showing Map & More Medieval Butchery
- Genshin Impact PS5 Version Set to Launch This Month, miHoYo Announces