If you’ve tried venturing down into the south of Spiritfarer’s map early on, you’ll be met with a white dotted line on your map. Keep venturing towards it and you’ll get a speech bubble with a lamp X’d out inside it appear on-screen. All of this is trying to tell you that there’s a lot of fog, and your ship can’t currently sail through it. In this guide, we’ll talk you through how to get through fog in Spiritfarer.
Getting Through Fog
As you might have guessed, getting through fog requires you to get the Mist Cleaner 1000 upgrade from Albert’s Shipyard.
The Mist Cleaner 1000 requires the following materials to get from Albert:
- 8 Silver Ore
- 22 Silk Fabric
- 8 Bottled Ectoplasm
- 6 Crystal Glass Sheet
- 2 Spirit Flowers
- 3000 Glim
Alongside having these crafting materials in your inventory, you’ll also need to have purchased the previous boat improvements in that section from Albert’s Shipyard. These are as follows:
- Mailbox – 8 Maple Plank, 8 Linen Thread, 4 Lightning in a Bottle, 250 Glims
- Icebreaker – 10 Iron Ingot, 12 Oak Plank, 18 Linen Fabric, 1 Spirit Flower, 5 Slate, 800 Glims
- Hermes’ Hymn – 5 Slate, 18 Oak Plank, 16 Wool Fabric, 1250 Glims
- Rock Destroyer – 10 Aluminum Ingot, 8 Marble, 6 Fireglow, 2 Spirit Flower, 1700 Glims
- Choral Bouquet – 12 Ash Plank, 8 Zinc Ingot, 3 Comet Rock, 2000 Glims
As long as you’ve got the Mist Cleaner 1000 purchased from Albert’s Shipyard, you won’t have to do anything else to get through that pesky white-dotted line and penetrate through the fog.
That’s everything you need to know on how to get through fog in Spiritfarer. You can check out more of our guides and coverage below.
- Spiritfarer Set to Receive Major Updates, New Characters in 2021
- Spiritfarer Review – Don’t Fear the Reaper
- 5 Reasons Why Spiritfarer Deserves Your Attention
- Spiritfarer Gets a New Trailer; Now Coming to Epic Games Store, Stadia, Switch, PS4, PC, & Xbox One
- Spiritfarer Looks Utterly Charming in New Gameplay Tease