It’s a brand new month, which means that new bugs and fish are rotating in and out of Animal Crossing New Horizons. If you’re looking to complete your Critterpedia and museum collection in the game, you’re definitely going to want to keep an eye out for the new bugs showing up on your island. Here’s everything you need to know about the Ladybug in Animal Crossing New Horizons.
Ladybug Spawn Times and Location in Animal Crossing New Horizons
The Ladybug is a bug that only appears during certain months of the year in Animal Crossing New Horizons. At the time of writing, it should be available for both northern and southern hemisphere players, as it’ll spawn in October for both areas. We’ve listed its availability down below for islands in both hemispheres:
- Northern hemisphere: March to June, October, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Southern hemisphere: April, September to December, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The Ladybug will only be available from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. as listed above, so if you’re hoping to catch it, you’ll need to play during the day time or late afternoon. If you log in during the evening or night, you won’t be able to catch it.
The good news is that it’s not a very rare spawn, and it can be found hanging about your flowers, so check your cliffs and gardens when hunting for it. Make sure to have you net ready, though, and be careful when approaching it because it’ll despawn pretty quickly once it’s alerted to your presence.
Sadly, since the Ladybug is a fairly common bug spawn in Animal Crossing New Horizons, it’s not really worth that much money. You can get 200 Bells by selling it at Nook’s Cranny, but as always, make sure to donate one to Blathers to fill out your museum collection.
Flick will also buy it at a slightly higher price when they visit your island, and you can also give Flick three Ladybugs to have them create a bug model for you.
That’s all you need to know about how to catch the Ladybug in Animal Crossing New Horizons. Be sure to check our guide wiki for more tips and information on the game.
- Disney’s Hercules Song Zero to Hero Recreated via Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Animal Crossing New Horizons User Adorably Re-Creates Rainbow Road
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Update Is Bringing Back Festivale
- UK Sales: Animal Crossing New Horizons Beats Ghost of Tsushima; TLOU2 Drops out of Top 10
- Furifu, Japanese Kimono Company, Releases 10 Yukata Designs For Animal Crossing New Horizons