In this step-by-step guide, we’ll be showing you how to download Genshin Impact on PC.
Downloading Genshin Impact on PC
How to Download Genshin Impact on PC
- Go to the official Genshin Impact website.
You can click here to be taken straight to it.
- Select ‘Windows’ from the list of available platforms at the bottom of the screen.
This should trigger a new tab to briefly open in your browser, before downloading a file called “GenshinImpact_install_” The file size is 97.3 MB.
- Open and run the install file you’ve just downloaded.
- This will quickly install the Genshin Impact installer. You’ll now be able to click the ‘Get Game’ option in the bottom right-hand corner to download the game.
You can also use the file path option in the bottom left-hand corner of this screen to change where the game will be installed.
- After clicking on ‘Get Game,’ Genshin Impact will begin downloading. It’ll show your download speed and estimated time remaining.
It’s worth pointing out that a number of players have reported very slow download speeds for Genshin Impact on PC. It seems a little faster on PS4 if you’d rather play on this platform, but if not it’s just a case of sitting and waiting.
- Once the game’s finished downloaded, use the Genshin Impact installer to launch the game.
Remember, you’ll need to have an account to play Genshin Impact, so this will also need to be set up either before or after you’ve downloaded and installed the game.
For more tips, tricks, and guides on the game, be sure to check out more of our coverage below, or search for Twinfinite for all your other video game needs.
- Genshin Impact: Crab Farming Location
- Genshin Impact First Month Revenue Nearly $250 Million, According to Sensor Tower
- Genshin Impact Marvelous Merchandise: Liben Location (Day 3)
- Genshin Impact’s Klee Is Giving Away Lots of Free Primogems This Week
- Genshin Impact: Pinecone Locations