With the release of patch 5.3 for Final Fantasy XIV a few weeks back, Square Enix has also made some changes to the free trial period, allowing more players to access the game before deciding whether they’d like to subscribe or not. With that said, here are all of the FFXIV free trial restrictions as of September 2020.
All FFXIV Free Trial Restrictions (2020)
With the new expanded free trial, there is no time limit, which means you can spend as much time with the game as you want without having to pay. There is, of course, a content cap. However, the expanded trial covers the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the Heavensward expansion, which means you can easily get 100 hours of content just from the main story itself, not including side content like the Alliance and normal raids.
These are the main restrictions you need to be aware of as a free trial player:
- Gil cap of 300,000.
- Level cap of 60 for all jobs.
- You won’t be able to use the tell, yell, or shout functions in-game.
- You won’t be able to join a Free Company or purchase housing.
- You won’t be able to form a party on your own; you can be invited to one, though.
- You won’t be able to start a linkshell on your own, but you can still be invited to one.
- You won’t be able to trade with other players.
- You won’t be able to access the marketboard.
- You won’t be able to hire retainers.
- You won’t be able to access the in-game microtransactions.
- You won’t be able to access the Mogmail feature.
- You’ll be limited to eight characters, with a limit of one character per world.
That may seem like a lot of restrictions, but you’ll still be able to enjoy the entirety of the story up to Heavensward, and you’ll be able to check out all of the available jobs in the game up to that point. Most of the social features are locked behind the subscription, so if you do decide that you want to engage with the FFXIV community even more, you’ll have to sub.
You can check out the full details of the free trial restrictions here.
That’s all you need to know about the FFXIV free trial restrictions as of September 2020. Be sure to search for Twinfinite for more tips and information on the game.
- Final Fantasy XIV Massive Crystarium City Made With LEGO Will Make You Want a FFXIV Set
- Let’s Predict FFXIV: Endwalker’s Second New Job
- Here’s How FFXIV’s Take on the Sage Job Compares To Previous Final Fantasy Games
- Everything We Know About FFXIV: Endwalker’s New Thavnair & Radz-at-Han Locations
- FFXIV: Shadowbringers EP 3 Music Collection Now Up for Purchase Digitally