Animal Crossing New Horizons is entering the wonderful season of Fall, which means that there are plenty of new fish, bugs, and sea creatures for players to get their hands on. If you’ve been on the hunt for a particular rare fish, here’s what you need to know about how to catch a Sturgeon in Animal Crossing New Horizons, as well as info on where to catch it and how much it sells for.
Sturgeon Spawn Times and Location in Animal Crossing New Horizons
The Sturgeon is a rare fish that is new to the Animal Crossing series and is available during these months on your island:
- Northern Hemisphere: January through March, September through December
- Southern Hemisphere: March through September
It can be found at any time of the day around the river mouths around your island and you also want to be on the lookout for very large shadows –don’t bother with the tiny ones.
How to Catch
The Sturgeon can be caught just like any other fish in Animal Crossing. Just pull out your fishing rod, press the A button when you see the fish in the water, and then hit A again once you’re sure it’s latched on.
If you’re having trouble finding fish in the river mouths, try crafting some fish bait to speed up the process a bit.
Once you finally get your hands on a Sturgeon, you can sell it to Nook’s Cranny for 10000 bells or you can always take it to CJ for 15000 bells –your call.
Hopefully, this guide helped you figure out how to catch Sturgeon in Animal Crossing New Horizons for the Nintendo Switch. If you need more help catching all of the fishes and bugs, be sure to search Twinfinite. We also have a very extensive Guide Wiki too to help you out.
- Hokko Life Has a Long Way to Go Before It Can Compete With Animal Crossing
- Animal Crossing Player Gets Pascal’s Help Proposing to Girlfriend
- Animal Crossing & Pokemon Crossover With These Adorable Fan-Made Stickers
- More Seasonal Updates Coming to Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Disney’s Hercules Song Zero to Hero Recreated via Animal Crossing New Horizons