One of the best parts of Animal Crossing New Horizons is the ability to fish. Fortunately there is a lot of fish to encounter every season. With every month comes an influx of new fish to catch, and we’re ready for the Pike! In this guide we’re going to go over how to catch the Pike, its location, sell price and more in Animal Crossing New Horizons. Let’s dive right into the guide.
Pike Seasonality & Spawn Times
Depending on what hemisphere you are playing in, these are the times of year that the Pike can be caught.
- Northern Hemisphere: September-December
- Southern Hemisphere: March-June
As long as you are playing in the respective months, the Pike can be found all day. Thankfully the Pike will be around for a few months when present in either hemisphere so there isn’t too much rush.
Catching the Pike in Animal Crossing New Horizons
On to how you actually catch the Pike. Equip your fishing rod and make sure you’re holding it, approach any river on your island, and look for a large-sized shadow in the water. This may be the Pike!
Face the water and cast your fishing rod in front of the Pike by pressing A. Wait until you see the float sink into the sea indicating that the Pike has bitten on and is ready to be pulled out, press A again, and there you have it! The large shadow hopefully turned out to be the Pike.
Make sure to use any Fish Bait you have on you to spawn some more fish in the sea if you have no luck catching the Pike your first time.
Pike Sell Price
If you’re looking to sell your Pike for some well-earned bells, you can earn 1,800 from the twins at Nook’s Cranny. If you wait until C.J. is around, you can fetch a nicer price from him of 2,700 bells!
There you have it– how to catch the Pike on your island in Animal Crossing New Horizons. For some more tips and tricks, check out our wiki or see the related articles below.
- Disney’s Hercules Song Zero to Hero Recreated via Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Animal Crossing New Horizons User Adorably Re-Creates Rainbow Road
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Update Is Bringing Back Festivale
- UK Sales: Animal Crossing New Horizons Beats Ghost of Tsushima; TLOU2 Drops out of Top 10
- Furifu, Japanese Kimono Company, Releases 10 Yukata Designs For Animal Crossing New Horizons