After many years, a shiny new Microsoft Flight Simulator game has finally arrived as its final destination. Pilots, real or aspirational, can now try their hand at operating realistic planes across the entire world. Turns out though, surprisingly, flying planes aren’t all that easy if you’re not used to it! In this guide, we’re going to go over how to know which way to taxi to and from the runway in Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Taxi Guide – Microsoft Flight Simulator
How to Know Which Way to Taxi to and From Runway
Taxing a plane can be quite tricky. When you have an open world of skies at your fingertips flying around is easy enough for many players. Bringing the plane down safely, adverting disaster, and then properly getting the plane around the airport is harder than it seems.
In reality, you just need to know what you’re doing when you go to taxi and make sure that you know where you’re supposed to go. There is no way really to tell naturally in-game. It’s something you’re going to need to learn just like real pilots.
Turning on Taxi Ribbon
However, there is a way to make that more evident and easier for you and that’s by turning on the taxi ribbon assistance.
To turn on assistance with taxing, go to the Welcome Menu and click on Options. From there go into Assistance. This is where you’ll find a whole host of helpful tips you can toggle on to make your life easier in Microsoft Flight Simulator.
When you’re there, go to Navigation Aid and then, finally, Taxi Ribbon, and with that toggled on when you go to taxi your aircraft next you’ll have visual aids to help you out.
And that’s pretty much all you need to know about how to taxi your aircraft and which way to taxi in Microsoft Flight Simulator for PC, Steam, and eventually Xbox as well.
For more tips, tricks and frequently asked questions answered, check out our Microsoft Flight Simulator guide wiki which is filled with useful articles designed to tackle the most common issues players are having when starting out.
Also, be sure to check out our fully scored review for our complete thoughts on Microsoft Flight Simulator. Giuseppe Nelva, a veteran of the series and the flight simulation genre, loved his time with the game.
- Microsoft Flight Simulator F-35, F-104, Airbus H145, & Pilatus Porter Get New Screenshots & Videos; Great Britain Central & Jackson Hole Released
- Microsoft Flight Simulator Jackson Hole Airport Releasing Tomorrow; O.R. Tambo & Ballina Byron Gateway Get New Screenshots
- Microsoft Flight Simulator Airbus A220 and F14 Tomcat Get Dev Updates; Manila City, Queenstown, Banjarmasin & Bodmin Airports Announced
- Microsoft Flight Simulator Hotfix Patch Coming Tomorrow; Hiroshima, Saga, & Fall City Airports & Abu Dhabi City Scenery Released
- Microsoft Flight Simulator Great Britain Central Scenery & Skiathos Airport Announced; Twin Otter & Airbus A380 Get New Screenshots