The forward pass completely changed the game of NFL football when it was added back in 1933. But a good pass can be completely wasted without a competent receiver on the other end. Here’s everything you need to know about how to catch and user catch in Madden 21.
How to Catch & User Catch in Madden 21
If that competent receiver is someone like Julio Jones, then you might not have much to worry about. But if the guy on the receiving end is a RB that’s notoriously bad at catching out of the backfield like Adrian Peterson, then you might need to give him a little help along the way.
When a pass goes in the direction of a receiving player, you can hit the Y (Xbox) or Triangle (PS) button in order to pull it in. Checking it down to the flats and catching with a typically wide open back is pretty easy, but there are much more complex options for passes down the field.
During certain passing plays, the game may give the player an option to do a more risky catch that might lead to a dropped ball or worse, give the defender an easy int.
Time needed: 1 minute.
Here are the three catch types you can do in Madden 20
- Run After Catch: X – Xbox One, Square PS4
Best used to get as much yards as possible
- Aggressive Catch – Y Xbox One, Triangle PS4
Best used to make a difficult catch
- Possession Catch – A Xbox One, X PS4
Best used to make safe catch, with little RAC potential.
Then there’s the completely hands-off approach where you let the CPU-controlled receiver run the route and make the catch. Then you can take over control of the receiver for some YAC.
That’s all there is to know about how to catch and user catch in Madden 21. Throw to open receivers so you can actually get a chance to catch the ball, don’t throw it to the defense, and start tearing up those secondaries. And don’t forget to check out which platforms you can get Madden 21 on.
- Madden 21 Next Gen Updates Includes Tweaked Playcalling, Enhanced Stats
- NPD August: Madden 21 Tops the Charts, Switch Sets New Sales Records
- 5 Most Overrated & Underrated Teams in Madden 21
- Madden 21 to Add a New “Backyard Inspired” 6v6 Game Mode Called The Yard
- Madden 21 Officially Unveiled, Check Out the Gameplay Reveal Trailer Here