Today Gearbox Publishing released the first look at the PS5 box art of its upcoming looting-slashing game Godfall.
The style follows the same general design of the cover art revealed yesterday for Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, which, of course, isn’t surprising.
That being said, this is the first look we get at a cover of a third-party game.
Godfall is developed by Counterplay and it’s coming in Holiday 2020 just in time for the launch of PS5, alongside a version for PC on the Epic Games Store.
At the moment, we have seen some (likely outdated) gameplay from an internal presentation that was leaked a few weeks ago, a much fresher gameplay trailer from the PS5 event, and one for the PC version. We also got a bunch of rather lovely wallpapers and another teaser trailer.
Here’s how the developers describe it.
“Aperion is on the precipice of ruin. You are the last of the Valorian knights, god-like warriors able to equip Valorplates, legendary armor sets that transform wielders into unstoppable masters of melee combat. Tear through foes as you climb through the elemental realms and challenge the mad god, Macros who awaits you at the top. Ascend in Godfall, the first-of-its-kind, looter-slasher, melee action-RPG.”
- Adventure across exotic vistas, from the above-ground reefs of the Water Realm to the subterranean crimson forests of the Earth Realm
- Master all five weapon classes, each with unique playstyles and a variety of longswords, polearms, warhammers, greatswords, and dual blades
- Level up, learn new skills, and uncover legendary weapons with devastating effects on the battlefield
- Unlock 12 Valorplates: Divine, Zodiac-inspired suits of armor that empower you to shred every enemy between you and Macros
- Test your skills in the Tower of Trials and challenge yourself against the toughest foes and earn top-tier loot
- Fight solo, or alongside friends with three-player PvE online co-op play