Combat in Ghost of Tsushima is deeper than having Jin simply swipe at Mongol soldiers with his katana blade. You’ll have traps and bows to use, and will have to counter the same from attacking foes. So that you can stop the impact of arrows, here’s everything you need to know about how to deflect arrows in Ghost of Tsushima.
While you’ll be parrying close quarters attacks early on in the game, you’ll soon be faced with arrows flying at you from all directions. Therefore, it’s good to know how to deflect them, since they’ll kill you pretty quickly if you don’t.
How to Deflect Arrows in Ghost of Tsushima
Being able to deflect incoming arrows in Sucker Punch’s game all comes down to unlocking a skill.
You need to unlock the Samurai Technique upgrade, which become available once you’ve unlocked at least one ability in the Deflection tree.
To do that, pause the game with the Options button and select the Techniques category. Here, you’ll be able to use any Technique Points you’ve collected by successfully completing pretty much any activity in the game, such as main quests.
The skill you’re looking for, which is unsurprisingly called Deflect Arrows, in the Deflection section, which you’ll find under Samurai.
Once you’ve unlocked it, you just need to hold L1 when an enemy has fired an arrow at Jin and he’ll block it.
In short, to deflect arrows in Ghost of Tsushima
- Unlock the Deflect Arrow skill in the Deflection sub set of Samurai Techniques.
- Hold L1 to deflect incoming arrows.
That’s everything you need to know about how to deflect arrows in Ghost of Tsushima. For more tips and tricks on the game, be sure to check out our wiki guide or read out review for our thoughts on the new PS4 exclusive.
- Ghost of Tsushima Legends Trailer Provides In-Depth Look at New Rivals Mode
- Here’s How Big The Ghost of Tsushima Iki Island Map Is
- Ghost of Tsushima Iki Island Review – Facing the Past
- Ghost of Tsushima: Director’s Cut Launch Trailer Builds the Hype
- Ghost of Tsushima: Legends Releasing as a Standalone Later This Month; Update Adds New ‘Rivals’ Mode