Developed by Sucker Punch Productions, Ghost of Tsushima is their latest exclusive game for the PS4 and also easily one of the most highly anticipated video game releases of 2020. Aside from protecting his clan from the Mongols, Jin can also customize his armor with different colored dyes. Here’s where to find the black dye merchant in Ghost of Tsushima.
Finding the Black Dye Merchant in Ghost of Tsushima
As you travel across the island of Tsushima, you’ll find several merchants and armorers who can sell you a variety of different colored dyes. However, black –one of the most basic colors– is conspicuously missing from their stock, and requires a bit more effort to obtain.
The black dye merchant can only be located once you reach the second act of the story, so you’ll have to play through quite a bit before you get to that point. You’ll need to head east in the Toyotoma region and find the merchant just southwest of Urashima’s village.
Look for the merchant inside the cave surrounded by bamboo trees, and you’ll be able to browse his stock and buy the dye in exchange for flowers. We’ve included a list of his available items down below:
- Piercing Shadows: 5 flowers
- Hunter at Dusk: 10 flowers
- Journey into Night: 10 flowers
- Lord of Night: 10 flowers
- Unwavering Mountain: 10 flowers
- Shadow of Justice: 10 flowers
- Kensei Armor: 10 flowers
Flowers are readily available in the open world, and are easily identified by their white petals and green stems. Whenever you spot them, just head over and pick them up with the R2 button. You can grab them whether you’re on foot or on a horse.
That’s all you need to know about where to find the black dye merchant in Ghost of Tsushima. Be sure to check our guide wiki for more tips and information on the game.
- Ticking off Ghost of Tsushima’s Map Is Incredibly Therapeutic
- Ghost of Tsushima’s Best Moments Are the Chill Ones
- Impressive Ghost of Tsushima Stats Revealed by PlayStation
- Ghost of Tsushima Is a Breath of Fresh Air After The Last of Us Part II
- Ghost of Tsushima: How to Unlock Lethal Difficulty & What’s New