With the changes in season comes an all-new set of bugs and fish for the taking, and during the Summer months, you can look forward to some of the larger bugs on the market. The Scarab Beetle is one of those bugs, featuring a golden shell, this bug will be one you will want to grab for its high sell price. In this Animal Crossing New Horizons Scarab Beetle guide, we’ll discuss which seasons and times of day it will appear, how to catch it, and how much it sells for.
Scarab Beetle Seasonality & Spawn Times
The Scarab Beetle can only be found during the following times on each hemisphere:
- Northern Hemisphere: July – August
- Southern Hemisphere: January – February
During these months, the Scarab Beetle only spawns between the hours of 11pm and 8am, so late night or early morning bug hunting will be the only way to find these in the wild.
Catching the Scarab Beetle in Animal Crossing New Horizons
To catch a Scarab Beetle, you will want to get and equip a net and wander through the tree-covered sections of your island.
Scarab Beetles only spawn on trees, but luckily, they can appear on any tree, so wherever your preferred hunting ground is will be fine as long as trees are present.
Once you find one, you will want to hold the A button on the net in order to creep up on the beetle, being extremely cautious not to scare it away.
Once you have gotten close enough to have your net connect, while not getting too close to scare it off, release the A button to catch this beetle.
Scarab Beetle Sell Price
The Scarab Beetle sells for a whopping 10,000 Bells to Nook’s Cranny, but waiting for Flick to be on your island will earn you 15,000 Bells from them instead.
- UK Sales: Animal Crossing New Horizons Beats Ghost of Tsushima; TLOU2 Drops out of Top 10
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Trip & Fall Over
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Use Fountain Fireworks
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: All Mermaid DIY Recipes List
- Furifu, Japanese Kimono Company, Releases 10 Yukata Designs For Animal Crossing New Horizons