There are all sorts of critters for New Horizons players to catch on both land and sea, each requiring a slightly different technique to get into your net. And now, thanks to the latest summer updates for the game, there’s a whole range of new aquatic life to find. Here we’re going to go over how to catch fast sea creatures in Animal Crossing New Horizons, so that you can get one quickly.
How to Catch Fast Sea Creatures in Animal Crossing New Horizons
First things first, to catch any sea creature in New Horizons you’ll need to get yourself a Wet Suit from Nook’s Cranny. It costs 3,000 Bells.
Now, for the technique itself, you need to take a somewhat stealthy approach. If you’ve tried simply swimming as fast as you can after the creature you’ll notice that it’s simply too quick, no matter how hard you mash the A button.
Instead, the key is to wait until you see the shadow of the creature and the telltale trail of bubbles and then slowly edge towards it. Don’t use A at all, just take it nice and slow. Once you are more or less on top of it you can then dive down and catch it by pressing the Y button.
Here’s another step-by-step breakdown:
- Purchase a Wet Suit from Nook’s Cranny for 3,000 Bells.
- Swim around until you see a dark shadow lurking underneath. You can also spot sea creatures’ air bubbles.
- Slowly edge towards the sea creature without tapping A to increase your speed too often, otherwise you will startle it.
- Once you are above it, press Y to dive down and catch the fast sea creature.
That is everything you should need to know about how to catch fast sea creatures in Animal Crossing New Horizons. For more useful tips and guides on the game, be sure to check out Twinfinite’s detailed guide wiki.
You should see some related content below, but if you’ve had a good search and can’t find what you’re looking for then feel free to sound off in the comment section below and we’ll do our best to help.
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: All Mermaid DIY Recipes List
- Furifu, Japanese Kimono Company, Releases 10 Yukata Designs For Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Get & Use Dream Bell Exchange Tickets
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Rice Grasshopper: How to Catch, Location, Sell Price
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Migratory Locust: How to Catch, Location, Sell Price