The best month of the year, July, is finally here, so the fish and bugs you can catch in Animal Crossing New Horizons are now a little different. So that you can get a step closer to filling Blathers’ museum, here’s everything you need to know about the Brown Cicada in Animal Crossing New Horizons, including where to find it and how much it sells for.
Brown Cicada Spawn Times & Location in Animal Crossing New Horizons
You’ll find that the Brown Cicada is very common in the game, but you can only get it at certain times of the year. You will only be able to find it during the following months for each hemisphere.
- Northern Hemisphere: July – August
- Southern Hemisphere: January – February
During these months, the Brown Cicada can only be caught during the day. You’ll have to hunt between 8 am and 5 pm, so don’t leave it too late.
How to Catch
The Brown Cicada will only spawn on trees, so there are plenty of places to find it. As long as you’ve not chopped them all down, just look on each of them and hope that one has spawned there.
Get your net out and hold A to sneak towards the bug, letting go when next to it to grab it. If you’ve done it at the right time, your little character will show it off before putting it away.
Brown Cicada Sell Price
Once you’ve caught one and if you don’t want to donate it to Blathers so that he can show off in his museum, you can sell it to Timmy and Tommy at Nook’s Cranny for 250 bells. If Flick visits your island though, you can sell it to him for 50% more, netting you 375 bells.
That’s everything you need to know about the Brown Cicada in Animal Crossing New Horizons. For more tips and tricks on the ever-evolving game, be sure to check out our wiki guide or search for Twinfinite.
Also, check out the full list of new July bugs and fish that can be caught in Animal Crossing New Horizons now!
- Disney’s Hercules Song Zero to Hero Recreated via Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Animal Crossing New Horizons User Adorably Re-Creates Rainbow Road
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Update Is Bringing Back Festivale
- UK Sales: Animal Crossing New Horizons Beats Ghost of Tsushima; TLOU2 Drops out of Top 10
- Furifu, Japanese Kimono Company, Releases 10 Yukata Designs For Animal Crossing New Horizons