One of the best parts of Animal Crossing New Horizons is the ability to fish. It feels a lot more immersive than it used to– we can thank the island premise for that. With every month comes an influx of new fish to catch, and we’re ready for the Ray! In this guide we’re going to go over how to catch the Ray, its location, sell price and more in Animal Crossing New Horizons. Let’s dive right into the guide.
Ray Seasonality & Spawn Times
Depending on what hemisphere you are playing in, these are the times of year that the Ray can be caught.
- Northern Hemisphere: August-November
- Southern Hemisphere: February-May
As long as you are playing in the respective months, the Ray can be found between 4am and 9pm. Thankfully the Ray will be around for a few months when present in either hemisphere so there isn’t too much rush.
Catching the Ray in Animal Crossing New Horizons
On to how you actually catch one of these. Equip your fishing rod and make sure you’re holding it, approach any side of the sea on your island, and look for a large-sized shadow in the water. This may be the Ray!
Face the water and cast your fishing rod in front of the Ray by pressing A. Wait until you see the float sink into the sea indicating that the Ray has bitten on and is ready to be pulled out, press A again, and there you have it! The large shadow hopefully turned out to be the Ray.
Make sure to use any Fish Bait you have on you to spawn some more fish in the sea if you have no luck catching the Ray your first time.
Ray Sell Price
If you’re looking to sell your Ray for some well-earned bells, you can earn 3,000 from the twins at Nook’s Cranny. If you wait until C.J. is around, you can fetch a nicer price from him of 4,500 bells!
There you have it– how to catch the cool Ray on your island in Animal Crossing New Horizons. For some more tips and tricks, check out our wiki or see the related articles below.
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: All Mermaid DIY Recipes List
- Furifu, Japanese Kimono Company, Releases 10 Yukata Designs For Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Get & Use Dream Bell Exchange Tickets
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Rice Grasshopper: How to Catch, Location, Sell Price
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Migratory Locust: How to Catch, Location, Sell Price