June is officially here, which means there are many new fish and bugs to collect in Animal Crossing New Horizons. Some are a bit harder to find than others. One of the new fish you can find for the first time this month is the Tilapia. If you’re wondering how to catch a Tilapia, we’ve got you covered.
Catching a Tilapia in Animal Crossing New Horizons
Since Tilapia are a type of fish, you’ll need to buy or craft a fishing rod before you can expect to catch one. With a fishing rod in hand, it’s time to start scouring the waters for the shadow of a fish.
Tilapia are only found in rivers, so look for medium-sized shadows in the water. Cast your fishing rod so it lands in front of the shadow, wait for it to nibble, and once it bites, press A to reel it in.
As mentioned before, Tilapia can be found exclusively in rivers. Luckily, they appear during all 24 hours, day and night, so they shouldn’t be too hard to find.
In the Northern Hemisphere, they can be caught from June through October. In the Southern Hemisphere, they can be caught from December through April.
Tilapia Sell Price in Animal Crossing New Horizons
Tilapia can be sold to the Nooklings at Nook’s Cranny for a mere 800 bells. They’re not the most profitable fish, but be sure to save at least one to donate to the museum.
If CJ the fisherman is visiting your island, he will buy them for 1,200 bells each, which is a little bit better of a price.
- Disney’s Hercules Song Zero to Hero Recreated via Animal Crossing New Horizons
- Animal Crossing New Horizons User Adorably Re-Creates Rainbow Road
- Animal Crossing New Horizons Update Is Bringing Back Festivale
- UK Sales: Animal Crossing New Horizons Beats Ghost of Tsushima; TLOU2 Drops out of Top 10
- Furifu, Japanese Kimono Company, Releases 10 Yukata Designs For Animal Crossing New Horizons