June has brought a number of new critters for players to catch, from exotic sharks to the pretty Firefly. Here we’ll explain how to catch the humble Drone Beetle in Animal Crossing New Horizons, including information on its location and how much you can expect to sell it for at Nook’s Cranny.
Drone Beetle Seasonality & Spawn Times
The Done Beetle’s seasonality is an easy one to remember since it only spawns during the summer months. Of course, the exact months differ depending on which hemisphere you’re playing in.
- Northern Hemisphere – June, July, August
- Southern hemisphere – December, January, February
During these months, the Drone Beetle can only be caught at any time, so there’s no specific window of the day you’ll need to be playing in order to locate one.
How to Catch a Drone Beetle in Animal Crossing New Horizons
First and foremost, Drone Beetles are found either on or near trees and since they are pretty common you shouldn’t have any trouble locating one.
To actually catch it, you’ll need a net (read our guide on how to get a net here). There’s no special technique other than being careful not to spook it by swiping too frantically. Just approach it cautiously and then follow these steps:
Time needed: 1 minute.
To sum up how to catch a Drone Beetle in Animal Crossing
- Access your tool wheel using the d-pad and prepare your net for a catch.
- Once you’ve spotted a Drone Beetle, simply approach it and press A to swipe one into your net.
Animal Crossing New Horizons Drone Beetle Sell Price
The Drone Beetle is only worth 200 Bells at Nook’s Cranny. Still, that shouldn’t be too much of a surprise since they’re so easy to catch, and if you’re trying to earn some coin from your venture then you can easily bag multiple.
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: All Turkey Day Secret Ingredients
- These Adorable Animal Crossing Figures Will Release in Japan in 2021 (With Candy!)
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Start Turkey Day
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons Players Are Super Hyped About Sitting
- Nintendo’s Official Animal Crossing Island Is a Bit Messy