To commemorate Pride Month, we wanted to take a look at the history of video games and point out a few of the pillars of gaming’s LGBTQ+ characters. From early beginnings to modern juggernauts, here are the seven most iconic LGBT video game characters.
Tracer – Overwatch
It can hardly be argued that Tracer isn’t the face of the ever-popular hero shooter, Overwatch. She is one of the leaders of the group and also, more obviously, is the cover star for the physical copies of the game.
But more important than her stardom from being on store shelves comes the fact that she is a powerful force and total badass who just so happens to be fighting to protect her girlfriend back home.
This was revealed in the Overwatch comic book series post-launch, allowing for fans of the title to get a better look at the personal life of the character we first saw during Overwatch’s reveal.
As a role model for fellow LGBT fans of the genre, Tracer stands at the forefront of a genre that is extremely successful and popular, making her place on this list one of adoration.
And a quick shout-out to Overwatch’s other LGBT character, Soldier 76, as well!
- Tower of Fantasy Gacha Summon System & Currencies Explained
- How to Fix Tower of Fantasy Data Verification Failed Error 7813201
- Was Nacho Varga in Breaking Bad? Explained
- Are the Guardians of the Galaxy in I Am Groot? Answered
- How to Deal with Dissenting Followers in Cult of the Lamb