Maneater‘s open world is split into distinct sectors, each with their own collectibles and set of quests you need to complete to progress. So that you can get into hidden areas and new sectors of the map, here’s everything you need to know about how to open gates in Maneater.
If you’re looking to 100% the game, or even get out of the Fatwick Bayou area, you’ll need to open gates. They’re metal grates that stop you from just swimming from place to place. Thankfully, you can easily find any nearby with a quick blast of your sonar ability.
How to Open Gates in Maneater
To actually open them once you’ve found them, you can do one of two things. You can simply bite them once the crosshairs appear on the middle of them, or you can use tail whip to bash them open. After two or three of each move, the gates will crumble and you’ll be able to swim through the gap.
However, you can’t open all of them from the start of the game. Most of them require you to be a certain age of shark, meaning you won’t be big or strong enough to open some of them, with you being limited right from the initial area in the game.
When you swim near them or highlight them on the map, you might see the notice saying “Required: Adult” or a different age. That means you need to have levelled up enough to have evolved into that type of shark before you can open gates with that requirement. Once you’ve done so, you can head back to them, open them, and get whatever is inside.
- Despite Existing Issues, Maneater Feels Better on the Nintendo Switch
- Xbox Game Pass Adds Knockout City, Maneater, and More in May
- PlayStation Plus Games for January 2021 Announced: Maneater for PS5, Greedfall, & Shadow of the Tomb Raider
- Massive Xbox Ultimate Game Sale Now Live; Discounts on Resident Evil 3, Maneater, & More
- Maneater Review – Watch Out Boy She’ll Chew You Up