If you’re looking for a new villager in Animal Crossing New Horizons, then you may want to get the rather dashing bird, Phil. With the look of a common pheasant, Phil has brown wings and golden striped feathers. He’s rather famous, too, featuring on the cover of K.K. Jongara. If you want this celebrity happily living on your island, then this Animal Crossing New Horizons‘ Phil guide has got you covered.
How to Get Phil in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Phil can be obtained in the same few ways that any other villager can in New Horizons:
- Scan Phil’s Amiibo – If you scan his amiibo (amiibo card) at the terminal you can have him visit your campsite. Convince him to move to your island and he’ll take up one of the available plots.
- Have Him Randomly Show Up – Similar to the previous method, but you’ll find villagers will randomly show up at your island’s campsite. You might just get lucky and have him set up camp one day.
- Visit Nook Miles Islands – Once you’ve racked up 2,000 Nook Miles, you can redeem them at the terminal in resident services (Town Hall) for a Nook Miles Ticket. Head over to Dodo Airlines, and explore another island. You may bump into another villager, and that could be Phil. Speak to him and convince him to move into one of your available plots.
- Take Him From Another Player’s Island – If someone you know has Phil or you find someone online willing to let him go, you can have him come to your island from someone else’s. To do so, you have to visit their island and speak to the villager (in this case, Phil) during their packing state and convince them to move to your island. The packing state is when they have nothing but boxes in their house. He won’t move if you have 10 villagers already.
Animal Crossing New Horizons Phil Birthday
Phil’s birthday in Animal Crossing: New Horizons is November 27. This makes him a Sagittarius for those interested in star signs.
This Ostritch/Pheasant bird has a Smug personality but doesn’t have a hugely expensive house interior. His house decoration is minimal but he does seem to like the Rattan set if you’re looking to get him the perfect gift for his home.
A random aside, Star Fox fans may be particularly interested in bringing this smug bird onto their island, as he has a somewhat similar resemblance to Falco Lombardi. His home request of “A personal micro cosmos” in the 3DS game Happy Home Designer may also be a further reference to Falco, and the smug personality is certainly a trait of both birds.
For more on Animal Crossing: New Horizons, head over to our wiki, or check out more of our coverage below.
- Animal Crossing New Horizons User Adorably Re-Creates Rainbow Road
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: All New March Bugs, Fish & Sea Creatures You Can Catch
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Get All Mario Items
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Get the Festivale Float
- Animal Crossing New Horizons: How to Get Valentine’s Day Items